• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

6.5L 1995 6.5 diesel Tahoe

I'm interested, have always wanted a 2 door Tahoe and I much prefer the '95 OBD-1. I also just picked up a '93 Cheyenne 6.5 dump truck with a blown engine so I don't have room for two projects at once. It would take some planning to get enough time off work to take a road trip from upstate NY to Chicago, but if it doesn't sell for a month or two I'd possibly be able to cobble something together...

how is the frame rust wise? rusted rockers and whatnot are par for the course, holes in the frame a little more of an issue
The frame is good. I have always been an oiler. Every time I got under something, I oiled any dry spots. I haven't looked at it in 4 years though. It has been in the shed the whole time. But I've seen vehicles rust inside.

I would much rather sell it to somebody from here.

I didn't get squat done today. Exhausted and had other stuff to do that hit the top of the list today. Supposed to have somebody coming to buy the John Deere 400 garden tractor, 60" deck and snowblower tomorrow.

Kind of torn about selling the 400. We'll have to replace it sometime. Looking for something in the size range from 455 to 955. It will definitely be a diesel. Not necessarily a John Deere. Has to have 3 point and rear pto. 4x4 or a small loader would be nice.

The snowblower has already been replaced.

I sold my Suburban for good money on eBay. Before the vehicle shortage put prices through the roof. Pictures that put * their * butt in the seat worn or not and shine sells. Wash it.

Yes, worth more running. Sell nationally and someone who is looking for this will buy it.

Is it a rust bucket?

So it has the intake off. What else did you take apart?

If the fuel didn't grow bugs it should light off. I would run some out of the water drain and see. Change filters, good batteries and see.

No pictures or on a private FB page is "tire kickers".

I sold my Suburban for good money on eBay. Before the vehicle shortage put prices through the roof. Pictures that put * their * butt in the seat worn or not and shine sells. Wash it.

Yes, worth more running. Sell nationally and someone who is looking for this will buy it.

Is it a rust bucket?

So it has the intake off. What else did you take apart?

If the fuel didn't grow bugs it should light off. I would run some out of the water drain and see. Change filters, good batteries and see.

No pictures or on a private FB page is "tire kickers".
The intake is not off yet. That was the next step I was at towards changing the injectors. As long as it was right there I was going to install the F intake. But I'm fast running out of weather. I have new batteries in the truck I can rob if necessary. I have a couple of other batteries on float chargers that I will load test before installing and trying

The turbo is off, air filter box out, inner fender out, heat shields off. Bypass filter out, pmd out. Alternator out. Thats all I can think of off the top of my head

I hate not doing the injectors, buttons and valve covers while it is this close. But I don't get much done in a day and have a boatload of projects.

Last edited:
Maybe just put it back together enough to test fire?

I assume you were doing injectors as a PM due to miles?
It can be test fired without the intake and turbo in place.
At least I test fired mine without those components, even tightened the two halves of an injector that was leaking.
I’d suggest firing it up before installing the intake so You can be assured there is no leaks.

I wish there was somebody close enough that I could just hire to do what was going to do to it. Things are quite the mess around here and now I just need it out of the way.
Its tough with a backlog of Projects, I understand. I'd quit the day job for yah if you could provide healthcare haha.

Part of me was going to throw you an offer anyway as I love these old 2-doors, but reality bit me with 2 kids plus (another planned) and a dog I really need back doors.

The frame is good. I have always been an oiler. Every time I got under something, I oiled any dry spots. I haven't looked at it in 4 years though. It has been in the shed the whole time. But I've seen vehicles rust inside.

I would much rather sell it to somebody from here.

I didn't get squat done today. Exhausted and had other stuff to do that hit the top of the list today. Supposed to have somebody coming to buy the John Deere 400 garden tractor, 60" deck and snowblower tomorrow.

Kind of torn about selling the 400. We'll have to replace it sometime. Looking for something in the size range from 455 to 955. It will definitely be a diesel. Not necessarily a John Deere. Has to have 3 point and rear pto. 4x4 or a small loader would be nice.

The snowblower has already been replaced.

My dad has a JD 755 that has been around since '95. They are great machines, he uses it to plow in the winter and I borrow it all summer to take care of my 5 acres.

Its tough with a backlog of Projects, I understand. I'd quit the day job for yah if you could provide healthcare haha.

Part of me was going to throw you an offer anyway as I love these old 2-doors, but reality bit me with 2 kids plus (another planned) and a dog I really need back doors.

My dad has a JD 755 that has been around since '95. They are great machines, he uses it to plow in the winter and I borrow it all summer to take care of my 5 acres.
I have a problem with that reality thing every time I see a project for sale. - most vehicles are a project, no matter their condition.

Or guns and accessories. I have to remind myself that I don't even play with the toys i have. I certainly don't need anymore. LOL

The Tahoe was supposed to be my knock around vehicle. Ended up my daughter baja'd it around more than anyone. I rarely drove it.

Wish I could add another project- problem is I can’t get to any of the ones already here!
And that is why it is for sale. LOL.

It was at the top of the list and has already been knocked back to number 3.

2 hours sleep doesn't help. I do nothing but make stupid mistakes when I try to push myself when exhausted. Which seems to be most of the time anymore. The Dr gave me script for some Trazodone yesterday. Hope that helps, but its adictive, so I won't be taking it often. I'm down to taking Dex every other week, so that should help.

And that is why it is for sale. LOL.

It was at the top of the list and has already been knocked back to number 3.

2 hours sleep doesn't help. I do nothing but make stupid mistakes when I try to push myself when exhausted. Which seems to be most of the time anymore. The Dr gave me script for some Trazodone yesterday. Hope that helps, but its adictive, so I won't be taking it often. I'm down to taking Dex every other week, so that should help.
Sucks to have to take drugs just to be able to survive.
I have Tramadol for pain. I be very very careful with that crap. I dont onow if it really helps with the amount I take. One 50mg tab in the morning, one in the evening. If I need more, then it is a OTC non aspirin. If the restless leg gets to kicking my @s, then it is two aspirin. That happens a couple times a month. About eight other prescrips in the cabeeenut too. Mostly heart stuff, gabapentin etc.

Back