• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

1994 z-71

morrow508

Reaction score
I recently purchased a 94 Z-71 from a ranch in Texas. It belonged to an older man who passed away. It sat for five years before being sold. The truck is really solid W/only 78,000 original miles. The dash is in pieces! What years will interchange w/ a 94?

Welcome to the forum 508.
The dash boards from 1988 to 1999 were all similar but with varying degrees of instrumentation.
I’m not sure which dash boards would be an exact duplication but some such as ebay might show the differences for what fits what.
Others with more knowledge on the matter.

Welcome @morrow508, on the dash designs for your truck, to find an exact match is 91-94 only. they changed designs in 95 and again in 96 with the introduction of the air bags. Now all of the dash styles will bolt right in to your truck from 88-99. it would be hard pressed to find a dash from the 94 era still in good shape, but you can do more customization with the older dashes where you can't with the newer ones. It's also much easier to find one from 95+ still in good shape. it just depends on what you like and what you want to spend on it.

I honestly would like to see someone build a custom dash from the ground up. since having replaced mine recent;y I have thought about taking the old one and using the inner metal frame to work off from in building one from some plywood and what not just for a fun project.

Back