• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Other 1994 GMC Suburban 2500 $3000 f/s North Carolina

rlb

Reaction score
1994, 4x4, 5.7 TBI, 4l80e trans, 4.10 gears. 250k miles. Approx 50k miles on the transmission and probably 15k on a head gasket/valve job.

Engine runs very smooth, transmission has nice firm shifts. Only mechanical issue is minor transmission leak. Won't leave a big spot on your driveway, but it does have some leaking around the pan and at the rear housing. Needs to be topped off every few months Does not smoke. No check engine light. Heat/AC works incl the rear heat/ac. AC compressor is new.. Front blower motor makes a bunch of racket, I have a replacement somewhere. The front air diverter doors occasionally stick in the defrost position (maybe one in every 5 starts) but usually goes back to normal within a few mins of driving. Cruise control works. Radio works. Instrument panel backlight has been working intermittently, last time I drove it, they did not come on at all. I have not had a chance to troubleshoot that yet.

I bought it 2 years ago and have put about 10k miles on it. Below is a list of stuff I did/replaced

Transfer Case, Diffs all fluids changed
MSD Coil, new plugs/wires, cap/rotor
New high flow cat, muffler, exhaust and I converted it to a 3 wire o2 sensor.
New tires (265's, Cooper Discoverer HT's)
Alternator, Water Pump, Power Steering pump replaced
New Shocks
New steering pitman arm, idler arm, tie rod ends and i had it aligned
New TBI injectors
Tow/Haul 87 octane tune from TBIchips.com (this actually worked very well, noticeable increase in HP)
New Fan clutch
New Thermostat

The best picture I could find is attached. The exterior is good, nothing but very minor (shopping cart) dents and the paint is fine except for two small spots where its a little faded. It actually takes a coat of wax pretty well.

Interior is overall in good shape except for the headliner above the passenger seat. The rest of the headliner is fine, this section could be cut out and re-glued.

The truck is reliable, drives great (steering is tight, suspension is good) and I have done 7-8 round trips to the coast with it in the last 6 months.

E-mail at [email protected] if interested.

103.JPG

099.JPG

suburban.jpg

Back