• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

1994/95 pickup help

I'm going to change the oil and put a clear line on the return line see what i can see. glow plugs are next week. trucks been sitting for a few years without running and the oil was changed but it sat for 2 years with fresh oil in it... if I have a lifter collapsed im going to throw some engine flush in before i do the change and add some lucas stabilizer to the new oil. I usually use delo 400 15-40. this thing has no leaks so I may look for a synthetic oil instead.. any advise as to which oils to stay away from? also i have seen diesel oils that are 5-40 synthetic... are these safe in the older diesels?

Last edited:
I've run nothing but 5w30 Amsoil. diesel engine oil in all of mine. I am going to start running Mobile1 5W40 diesel engine oil, only because of the bargain prices I got on it. I will run it 10,000 miles and send samples to Blackstone.

If you really want to know how your engine oil &/or engine is doing send samples to Blackstone.

I would recommend the Amsoil 5w30 any day of the week

I agree get a 5w-40 Diesel oil for AlasKa which is a very cold area.

The store should have at least Mobil1 or Shell Rotella Synthetic.

Or Amsoil if you can get mail order in.

Back