• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

1994 6.5 vs. 1993 cummins

devildogadam

Reaction score
Today I was talked into hooking hitch to hitch with a 1993 dodge. I normally wouldn't but curiosity got the better of me.
The dodge was the exact dodge version of my truck. Both where evenly matched. Other than being 1 model newer they where the same. His dodge was a 1993 d250, long bed, extended cab, 4x4, manual transmission nv4500. 5.9L Cummins diesel.
My truck is a 1994 chevy k2500. Long bed, extended cab, 4x4, manual transmission nv4500. 6.5L diesel.
We pulled in 4x4 lo on dry pavement and twice the Chevy drug the dodge. I know it isn't about hp or torque, and that traction is all that matters in this type of juvenile comparison but end the end we both had fun. I did end up popping off the coolant hose going to my heater core because my trucked axle hopped pretty hard on the second pull. But a quick tighting down of the hose clamp and she was back on the road.

Nice..but those always don't end as good stories! :greedy:

Glad you had some fun and nobody suffered damage. Every now and then the boy needs to outshine the man.

Back