• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

6.5L 1993 Chevrolet C3500

DieselCash

Trust but, verify
Staff member
Reaction score
I am posting up my truck for sale. All details are in my signature. I am offering it for $5,000 too members on here first. It will go up on craigslist for more. I will add pictures if the rain ever stops. If you have any questions post it on this thread or PM me.

Tops of front fenders are bad in some small areas. The Texas sun is the culprit for destroying the paint. I will go out and get some close ups if wanted.

The trans and clutch are strong.

No grind into 3rd or 4th?

Pics would be great! I've been looking at some crew cabs, yours at least has everything but an att so its a good start!

This might take more than one post.
Here is the drivers side hood and fender.
IMG_1468.JPG
Passenger side hood and fender.
IMG_1469.JPG
Here is the hood.
IMG_1470.JPG
The truck came from the factory with fiberglass steps that went all the way down the side of the truck. I took them off, here is the damage they left behind.
IMG_1471.JPG
Front grill is starting too peel.
IMG_1472.JPG
Fiberglass damage on the other side in the same place.
IMG_1473.JPG

When I came back from Germany in 2009 I sanded down the hood and rattle can sprayed it. It needed to be redone years ago.
Paint damage on front of bed. The drivers side fender was fully replaced and painted in 2010.
IMG_1474.JPG
The passenger side fender has top sun fade damage.
IMG_1475.JPG
and
IMG_1476.JPG
For a 20 year plus old truck with the factory paint, in Texas it still looks pretty good.
I had the inside bed and roof Line-X'ed in 2011(I think).
The truck needs to be washed. If it ever stops raining, I will clean it up.
Need any other info ask.

Most other trucks have rust or are 2wd auto's. If I buy an auto it has to be 4x4. Faded paint can be dealt with a lot cheaper that full rocker replacement and everything on the chassis rusted together.

4.10's? Original IP? Did it have leather front and rear factory?

Always liked your truck but just checking its story!

Yes it has factory 4.10s

It had factory leather, the front was destroyed by the previous owner. I replaced with drivers power suburban seats.

IP is original, I have put a mixture of power service and 2 stroke on almost every tank since purchased.

The truck has surface rust on frame from tires kicking up rocks. But not rusted out, our through anything.

Ask away, here to answer. She has been a good truck. Do not really want to sale her. Wife is forcing my hand. I really do not have room here for two crew cab dually trucks.

Heat will cook you out. It does get somewhat cold, still short sleeve weather for you.
A/C works damn good.
Radio is factory and will play am/fm well. Replaced all the factory speakers. I never tried the tape deck.
All power windows work, Power door locks also all work.
The mirrors are power and work also.
Mechanically the truck is sound. Just will not win a beauty contest.

I'm sure you see a 60* day once and awhile lol.

For the most part it sounds like the paint is the biggest "issue".

Did you ever do the cooling mods?

Pile of spare parts? Lol

I never touched the cooling mods. Still factory, drove it by the temp gauge. It never went over 210.

The cooling fan/clutch still works. I do not hear it, but, it will drop the temp quickly when it kicks on.

I do have some parts that will go with it, for the right buyer.

Yes paint is the only issue. I would not hesitate to take it on a cross the country trip.

Back