• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

1993 6.5 turbo Misfiring?

Loganshaw_6

Reaction score
Hey guys back again and potentially about to venture on round three. My other two 6.5s have proven to be nothing but reliable cheap fun so I'm possibly looking at my third. Just looked at it yesterday and I'm going back this Sunday when the owner has the keys to see if it'll fire up. The story on the truck is that it is a 93 c 2500 4l80 with 194k and right now it is misfiring. The owner says it seems like it's not a complete detonation cycle in the cylinder, not a dead miss. He bought the truck with a bad db2. Replaced it with a pump he sourced from Pensacola diesel, ran the truck and popped a head gasket. He replaced the head gaskets and head bolts and then came up with a misfire. He said all cylinders were within 345 to 355 PSI. After that he did standard motor products injectors, return lines, glow plugs, new lower intake, all gaskets, and so on. No white or blue smoke. I spoke with him on the phone last night and he seems pretty knowledgeable but things happen and sometimes things can be overlooked. He said he had posted on some forums prior to doing the work for tips and things to look out for but I'm not sure which one. I'll know more about the truck if I can get it to fire up this Sunday but the things I can think of are potentially broken valve springs or maybe a bad injector.

Less than 20,000 miles on a set of BWD boxed standard motors injectors on My truck and it picked up a cold misfire.
I didnt trust the injectors so pulled them and tested them. Two were leaking by quite bad before they would pop.
I got a new set of India Bosch units and tested them. Dont know if it was my test process but had about the same results with those. Sent the injectors to a pro diesel shop and waiting for results on those tests now.
I have a thread going on testing injectors. It seems that @denata had the proper method from his HMMWV manual and so when I get to going again, going to follow those procedures to the T and dot the Is.

Back