• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

1993 454 3500 HD dump truck 4l80e

The 4l80e is a fully electronic trans. It must know engine speed, input shaft speed, & output speed at all times, and they must be accurate. Did the speed readings being off start with the rebuild, or was it there before? Do you know if the output shaft was changed or the rear drum? Why was it rebuilt? I'm not saying you don't have a trans issue, but until you get all your speed readings working correctly, anything else is a waste of time. I do not have a wiring diagram for a 93, so I do not know exactly how the speed sensor is wired. I know on 4x4's the output speed sensor goes directly to the ECM, but I'm not sure on a 2 wheel drive.

The only thing thst comes to mind is the 40 tooth output speed sensor reluctor got broken during the rebuild and it is now reading the 21 tooth parking pawl instead(it happens).

Back