• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

1990 Chevy Suburban...Welcome Home !!

Acesneights1

Reaction score
Yep you read it right. I went to look at the truck as a parts donor. Thing is very clean. Only 107k. Not running. I played with a little and believe the fuel gauge to be broken. It seems to have no fuel. It's being towed in later in the week and I'll take some pics. Go figure. It has EVERY Option. Little bit of rust in the back but otherwise exceptionally.

Congrats Kenny, your building up a stable:smile5:

How did the wife take it?:D

Oh crap. Another one? ):h

Kenny you'll soon be a single man with many trucks if you keep this up.

And the problem with that is ?
I'd never leave my wife for another woman....
But I would for another diesel............:rofl:

It was a tough decision. I mulled it for a good half hour at bthe guy's house but when you guys see the pics..It was just too good to pass up.
Most women just don't understand...There are a few that do though. Unfortunatly mine doesn't.

And the problem with that is ?
I'd never leave my wife for another woman....
But I would for another diesel............:rofl:

It was a tough decision. I mulled it for a good half hour at bthe guy's house but when you guys see the pics..It was just too good to pass up.
Most women just don't understand...There are a few that do though. Unfortunatly mine doesn't.

Never met a women that understood yet. Hope to find one someday that's like that.

I'm guessing you got it for a good price as well.

Can't wait to see pics of it.

Hopefully it's just out of fuel. Hope you've got some strong batteries for it if it's still got the mech LP on it. :eek:

well I fixed the broken fuel line by the tank which was the problem and then I used the push pull pump to pull the fuel through the filter. The truck started right up and man did it run sweet to the point where my wife was like wow thi thing sounds nice. Imagine how heartbroken I was to look at the bubbling antifreeze in the res..:mad:
Yep Upper hose as hard as a rock. DAMN I'm so pissed. I took it for a ride anyway. It drives and runs nice. I have no antifreeze in the oil. I could swear I saw compression leakagemixed with motor oil on the drivers side rear corner of the head. it was pretty nasty right there. Hopefully it's just gaskets. The motor has an Honest 104k on it so unusal that it even needs them at all. I hope PO didn't overheat it and crack or warp something. He has an EGT guage in the truck. Other than the bubbling antifreeze the truck starts and runs SWEEEEETTT. No smoke at all . Not even at start up. So I started tearing into it tonight,. It's been about 10 yrs since I pulled heads off a 6.2. Advance can't get gaskets till Tues. Gonna try NAPA tommorow. Last time I did them I used the headbolts over but have since learned they should be replaced. I wonder if I should use studs since I am eventually going to turbo it.

Attachments

• DSCF0011.jpg
    DSCF0011.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 9
  • DSCF0012.jpg
    DSCF0012.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 8
  • DSCF0013.jpg
    DSCF0013.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 8
  • DSCF0014.jpg
    DSCF0014.jpg