• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

(12/14/08) How is your suspension set up?

How is your truck's suspension set up?

• Stock - use it for daily driving

Votes: 19 28.8%
  • Stock - use it for towing

Votes: 11 16.7%
  • Stock - Use it for daily driving, towing, work, racing, occasional street drifting competitions

Votes: 24 36.4%
  • Lifted - use it for daily driving

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Lifted - use it for towing

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Lifted - use it for daily driving, towing, work, racing, occasional street drifting competitions

Votes: 7 10.6%
  • Modified - Off road use only (ie...sled pulling, muddrunning, ect.)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Leveled - with UCA's and rear blocks

Votes: 6 9.1%
  • Lowered - street is neat... no matter how you use it

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Insanely lifted/insanely lowered - use it to draw attention

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Randy_the_Hack

Reaction score
This week's poll is thanks to a collaborative effort between 496BB, Unit453, and whitetrash21: How is your suspension set up?

Stock, drive it almost daily and tow a bumper pull and goose neck horse trailers for wifey in the summer. Horses are the reason for the truck :)

Mine's completely stock... it's my daily driver, plus it gets the travel trailer from point A to point B, and the tag-along trailer w/ATV out to the field for hunting.

Some day I want to get some Sulastic springs on the rear of my truck. I've been told that between those and a good set of Bilstein's, the truck will ride like a Cadillac, while not sacrificing any towing capacity. I could live with that... especially when towing the TT on long trips. ):h

Lifted and leveled used for daily driving, towing stock trailer & floats, 36' travel trailer 5er/gooseneck conversion, and to draw attention.:D

Daily Driver, Towing, Work, Fun!

Mine's completely stock... it's my daily driver, plus it gets the travel trailer from point A to point B, and the tag-along trailer w/ATV out to the field for hunting.

Some day I want to get some Sulastic springs on the rear of my truck. I've been told that between those and a good set of Bilstein's, the truck will ride like a Cadillac, while not sacrificing any towing capacity. I could live with that... especially when towing the TT on long trips. ):h

X2! :iagree:

Cognito leveling kit, 1.5" rear blocks, Air ride bags and Bilsteins. Shackles are on my list once I win the lottery. I'm way overdue for some maintenance before I do anything though. And even thats gotta wait.

Stock w/ t-bars cranked to 1/2" down rake in front. Daily driver, occasional farm work, some utility trailering to 16k. 80k and still all stock from factory except tires and fluids.

Stock height, but I've got the sulastics, and bilstein 5100's. Ive also cranked the t-bars slightly, still not completely level... it'll be level soon.

Mine is stock, for now. Use it for everything. It's my daily driver, my work truck, tow the camper with it. And hell even will race light to light with it on my way to work or home every so often.

Would like to though at the very least level it sometime soon.

Leveled-(T-bar crank), Bilsteins, AirLift bags---Daily driver, TT towing
Spring clamps for racing and sledpullin'
Suspension blocks for sledpullin'

Back