• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

11/22/09 Thanksgiving What are you doing?

11/22/09 Thanksgiving, What are you doing?

• Staying home with the family?

Votes: 16 47.1%
  • Spending it alone?

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Traveling less than 100 miles?

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Traveling more than 100 miles?

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • Working?

Votes: 5 14.7%

• Total voters

bighawg

Proud Rider of the Short Bus
Reaction score
Thanksgiving, What are you doing?

Staying home with the family?
Traveling less than 100 miles?
Traveling more than 100 miles?
Spending it alone?
Working?

Happy Thanksgiving guys.

I have really enjoyed getting to know many of you and look forward to building relationships with others.

8_5_25.gif
8_5_33.gif
8_5_7.gif

We are celebrating at home this year.

I will be here in MO by myself. :mad2:

I will make the best of it with a DFAC, maybe. ):h

Cooking the bird and stuffing and staying at home.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Happy Thanksgiving.jpg
    Happy Thanksgiving.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 59
Our large gatherings are getting much smaller. All the kiddies from our brothers and sisters are growing up and spending time with the next generation of families. Tis a part of growing up...it gets quieter...both good and bad I guess.

I am spending the day with our youngest daughter, who is home from college on a holiday break and finally thinks I am ok again. Wifey will be working the afternoon and wanted me to go spend the day with our sons family. I said no - I want to spend the day at home with my daughter and wife. We'll make do with what we have - and be thankful for it.

We'll cook and make dinner for the little tribe left at home and will eat before my wife goes to work in the afternoon. Then Friday I make soup...mmm.

Staying at home with Family. Hey Ozzie what type of soup is that? Turkey soup? I need a new rescipe.

Our large gatherings are getting much smaller. All the kiddies from our brothers and sisters are growing up and spending time with the next generation of families. Tis a part of growing up...it gets quieter...both good and bad I guess.

I am spending the day with our youngest daughter, who is home from college on a holiday break and finally thinks I am ok again. Wifey will be working the afternoon and wanted me to go spend the day with our sons family. I said no - I want to spend the day at home with my daughter and wife. We'll make do with what we have - and be thankful for it.

We'll cook and make dinner for the little tribe left at home and will eat before my wife goes to work in the afternoon. Then Friday I make soup...mmm.

Staying at home with Family. Hey Ozzie what type of soup is that? Turkey soup? I need a new rescipe.

Steve,

you gotta make Turkey & Andouille Gumbo with them bones...

I'll show you if need be... ;)

I make a big pot of glorified turkey veggie soup with barley and all kinds of veggies...then share it with various family members.

...and I'd like your recipe too Pep...always looking for something different to try.

Sounds like a new thread to me...:thumbsup:

Nothing too special this year for us. Going across town tomorrow for dinner with the In-laws (ugh!). Thursday, it will be the four of us just staying at the house.

i didnt see a spot for hunting. at this rate, i might just spend the whole day in the woods. hopefully tag out. i am not in the mood to see anyone. not even family. especially the family where i go, and sit, and make useless small talk with people i dont care too much for, cept for a (very)select few

Going to work to make some money. All my family is 1500 miles away so it really isnt that big of a deal.

Voted staying home, because 2 miles to my grandparent's basically is home, LOL. Dinner at 12:30, turkey, potatoes, etc. Then load pigs at 6:00. The world never stops needing high quality pork!! :thumbsup:

Voted staying home, because 2 miles to my grandparent's basically is home, LOL. Dinner at 12:30, turkey, potatoes, etc. Then load pigs at 6:00. The world never stops needing high quality pork!! :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: I'm a big fan of high quality pork!

going to mom and dads. got 3 generations still gathering together. all be-it not every of the elder gen is with us in body though. i'd bet they will be there though:rolleyes:

Been batchen it the last couple days as my wife took the kids and went to her parents to get things ready for thanksgiving. I'm waiting until the last minute before I have to drive there. Back to work Friday morning.

Managed to only have to spend one night there :D

Back