• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

-10AN Oil Cooler Hose Upgrade

jmiller

Recruit
Reaction score
Purchased a -10AN Oil Cooler Hose Upgrade from Leroy [Burning Oil] @ www.pmdcable.com.

I had replaced the stock lines with stock line when the 6.2/6.5 hybrid went in. Two problems, cold oil pressure was +80psi and the hose crimps always would seep. Secondly, I worn a hole in the aluminum line from rubbing on the front dif last winter. I almost lost the brand new motor. I couldn't wait for a line kit in the winter, I needed to plow snow, so a second stock line went in.

Oil cooler - stock cooler
attachment.php

Line clamp - added 3/4 wire loom wrap for abrasion protection and the 3/4 line clamp has a tight fit. Getting the clamp position correct was a pain. Making sure the line length to the block connections was a series of trial and errors. About 6" from one line end to the other then 17 1/2 from the longest end to the clamp.
attachment.php

Line routing - made sure the motor mount won't pinch the line
attachment.php

Block connections
attachment.php

Had two leaks, one at the oil cooler and one at the block.
The oil cooler line flare connection was seeping. I rechecked for any damage or issues with the flare, but it looked ok. I just kept tightening it while the engine was cold and running until it stopped.
The block leak was inattention, period. I forgot to give it a final turn. So the exhaust came back off and re doped the threads and tightened it.

Except for the oil filter adapter, no leaks! ! ! :hihi:

If your thinking about it, I highly recommend the upgrade.

When the one line developed a leak, it was small and gave me a warning that it failed. I could shut down the engine before oil pressure went to 0 psi.

If the rubber hose lets go, you lose 2 gallons right now! That's at least bearings and a crank, ouch:mad2:

Thanks for posting your mod. Looks good, I like what you did with the added hold down clamps.

Back