• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

10/24/10 How many times have you limped your truck?

10/24/10 How many times have you limped your truck?

• Never

Votes: 16 59.3%

Votes: 3 11.1%

Votes: 2 7.4%

Votes: 1 3.7%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 7 + I never learn

Votes: 1 3.7%

• Total voters

bighawg

Proud Rider of the Short Bus
Reaction score
I limped mine this week. How many times have you limped your. Tells us what caused the limp and what tuner or programmer you are running.

Last edited:
I run a Banks 6 gun and have limped mine three times. It's always thrown a 1093 code for low rail pressure. Guess I need to do the shim mod for the lly.

I put 4 but one was the LLY because of the injector harness short.
3 times on the LBZ because it was -25 to -30 and (imagine that) the fuel didn't want to flow. Sucks driving 30 mi at 20 mph when it's that cold. That was 2 days in a row. Running stock tune at the time.

Last edited:
Goose egg.

I ran a predator for a grand total of one week, set it back to stock and left it in my closet at home.

Not once, even towing super heavy loads.

Grady, if the predator works on an 05, wanna unload it? ;)

Never yet. I have an Edge Evo Race w/CTS and am only running it on level 3 until I install my DE down pipe and DE 4" TB exhaust. Also need to install my TransGo Jr before I get to nasty with it. Hopefully abiding by the six "P's" I will limit the limp mode dealy.

it took 5 years of running the hot juice on level 3 24/7 to get mine to start limping...the first time I limped it though it was on 5 and I didn't realize it...someone pissed me off and I floored it to pass them...with 7500# of trailer behind me...

Had Suncoast swap a level V trans in and haven't looked back...I will probably do a refresh of the clutches when I put the new motor in just to be on the safe side...

I almost answered never, but had to submit "1". Once in 335,000 miles on my '95. I was running stock and under warranty at the time. Headed back from the Knoxville Nationals and kept setting a code for coolant temp if I recall correctly. Turned out to be a bad connection at the pcm. Luckily got the code lit close to a dealer, and wheeled into a gm store in Jamestown, ND. Really sucked as it locks you out of overdrive and you have to key off and key on to reset. Since then we've made a habit of using dielectric grease on most every connection (except battery + and - conntections).

Back