• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

1/31/10 Dog or Cat?

1/31/10 Do you have a dog or cat?

• Inside Dog

Votes: 32 43.2%
  • Outside Dog

Votes: 13 17.6%
  • Inside Cat

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • Outside Cat

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Fish

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Snakes or other reptiles.

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • None of the above

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Both Dog and Cat

Votes: 10 13.5%

• Total voters
Inside dog. "Mindy" is a black Australian Labradoodle, hypoallergenic fleece, 15 months old, 55 lbs, training to be a Therapy Dog at a nursing home (they have seven on staff, she's turning out to be the best of the lot). Guards my two boys, sleeps on their bed.

Strong hunting instincts and naturally points. Runs like the wind, almost cheetah-like. Very intelligent, easily trained.

Picked out of 5 week old litter by dog whisperer/trainer (former animal behavioralist at Bronx Zoo) using the following method: loudly banged two pots together... some puppies whimpered/crawled under each other, some scampered away, this one popped up her head as if to say, "What's going on?", saw the trainer, rolled off the pile of puppies and walked over to see what the trainer was holding.

Attached pictures are at ages 6 weeks and 6 months.

Attachments

• DSC_0243a.jpg
    DSC_0243a.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 1
  • _DSC07421A.jpg
    _DSC07421A.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 1
2 dogs, they are in and out and in my bed if they are sneeky enough. They are both 2 years old and males. Dog # 1 is the Viszla and dog #2 is the Boxer. They are super gaurd dogs. The Viszla hears, sees, and smells much better than the Boxer. But the Boxer is all business when it comes to any stranger. He's a tad protective of his family.

3 cats, 1 in the shop on mouse prevention duty, 2 in the house on tick off the dogs duty LOL
1- 6 month old female chocolate lab- Dura, my Sons (read ours LOL)
1- 5 1/2 yo Border Collie/Shepard- Sundance, my wife's protector. No one would touch my Wife if I was not home, if the kids get to crazy goofing around she will separate them ):h

Dogs rule....Roger aka "Big Nose," (Lab/Hound mix) died a few years ago (13 years old), Best dog you ever saw....More people cried for that dog than some humans....He had a lot of friends and a great life.

Broke my heart to put him down.....Just couldn't let him suffer, after the first night he couldn't sleep from the pain (Cancer) I stayed up with him all night and went to the vet first thing in the morning....One of the hardest things I ever did.

Dogs rule....Roger aka "Big Nose," (Lab/Hound mix) died a few years ago (13 years old), Best dog you ever saw....More people cried for that dog than some humans....He had a lot of friends and a great life.

Broke my heart to put him down.....Just couldn't let him suffer, after the first night he couldn't sleep from the pain (Cancer) I stayed up with him all night and went to the vet first thing in the morning....One of the hardest things I ever did.

BTW...Big Nose was a inside dog, He had his own couch for himself, but he would share it with anyone.....He was NOT allowed on ANY bed and would sleep right by my side, on the floor next to me, whenever I was sleeping.

If there was no one home he would sneek on the bed (Only at the foot, because he knew I didn't allow it) I only found this out when he got older (around 9-10 years old) when I would come home I would here him jump down and I would rush in to see where he was to find him standing in the bedroom doorway with a sleepy face, yawing and wagging his tail. (It was very funny to see the expression on his face)

God I miss that Dog!

*R.I.P. Roger AKA-Big Nose*

I didn't read the poll all the way, haha. I don't have either, but I would like to have both an outdoor dog & outdoor cat. Cats get rid of vermin, and stray dogs. But a dog would alert me to critters/trespassers.

I love both. We currently have an inside cat. He is 17 yrs old and is starting to slip. When he goes I don't think we will have any more pets until we start travelling. The cat travels with us from Georgia to California and back. Cats are different.

The last dog I had was an 85 lb standard Pudl. He was really a neat dog and was fiercely protective of his family. We had him trained through aggression but stopped before attack as the trainer said he had a bad mean streak deep down and we would probably lose our friend if we trained him for attack. So we left him at aggression. He was a pleasure to have. For me if I get another dog they will be trained through aggression.

85 lb Pudl has a mouth full of teeth like a Dobetrman, webbed paws like a Weimaraner, they have wool for a coat that doesn't shed, and are great bird dogs.

We have always had inside dogs. Boxers.

We are currently down to one, a female who is the most worthless excuse for a guard dog that I have ever seen. She hides under the coffee table when the doorbell rings.

have 4 or 5 dogs. they are all the wifes. dogs are the #1 dislike in life. house stinks, hair everywhere, shit in the yard, they bark all the time. they make me drink :D
cats are nice, have them in the barn and one in the house but can life just fine without them.
give me my horses any day!

Last edited:
i dont cotton to horses my self. wish i had room for them at my house (when i buy one there will be) plus i know i would ride them more and it would be cheaper

This poll really needs to be multiple choice. At several times in my life I've had all of the listed choices at once, and then some. Both my parents were from farming families.

had 3 dogs.mostly inside
a jack russel,she decided to run off and live with the neighbors after my doughter moved out.
A yellow lab,died last yr of old age (14 1/2)
A black lab,had to put her down 3 days ago at 14 yrs.

So as of now i'm out of dogs

had 3 dogs.mostly inside
a jack russel,she decided to run off and live with the neighbors after my doughter moved out.
A yellow lab,died last yr of old age (14 1/2)
A black lab,had to put her down 3 days ago at 14 yrs.

So as of now i'm out of dogs

Sounds like you need a new dog for the ranch. you should get a blue healer, not sure how stubborn them bison can be but they are good at working cattle if they are trained right.

Sounds like you need a new dog for the ranch. you should get a blue healer, not sure how stubborn them bison can be but they are good at working cattle if they are trained right.
A heeler would die of boredom cause i work my buffy's only once a yr.
And bison dont like dogs to start with,they'll make hamburger outa them in short order,beside that a dog wont be fast enough to avoid a hoof,they kick faster than a speeding bullet.

Back