• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

1/24/10 Pocket Knife, who carrys them and what kind?

1/24/10 Pocket Knife. Do you carry one on a daily basis?.

• Case

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Boker

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Kershaw

Votes: 10 11.0%
  • Smith and Wesson

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Remington

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gerber

Votes: 7 7.7%
  • Buck

Votes: 8 8.8%
  • Old Timer / Schrade

Votes: 8 8.8%
  • Other

Votes: 38 41.8%
  • No. Never carry one.

Votes: 10 11.0%

• Total voters
I have a small buck knife that I carry with me all the time. I have to get a new one about every 6 or 8 months because I will use it for a screwdriver and prybar at times.

Yes. If I have my pants on, there is a knife in my pocket. Carry Case knives most of the time. I have a Case trapper lock blade, in redbone, that I carry the most.

CRKT Point Guard, Model 6763. Though I recently lossed the m-f'ing thing and it is throwing me all out of whack. I miss it dearly. My chi is all f-ed up, doesn't feel right not having it.:sad:

Attachments

• crkt%206763%20point%20guard.jpg
    crkt%206763%20point%20guard.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 0
I carry an older 3" Ka-Bar around and a small (1") Swiss Army. On the farm it's the original Leatherman Multi-Tool instead of the Swiss Army but the Ka-Bar has always been with me for over 20yrs. I'll take a pic of it later today. Lost it for a month once and carried my S&W 4" for awhile but it didn't feel right. Got a few others that I don't carry though.
I paid almost $35 for the Ka-Bar because I decided I'd had the last damn knife that would ever accidentally open up in my pocket!

attachment.php

L-R Ka-Bar, Swiss, S&W, Buck (NRA-ILA)

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:
I carry a kershaw scalion ever day.The blades bend if used to pry but I use it more time than I can count threw the day.Ive lost too many good high priced knives to buy them any more.I have a few custom handmade fixed blades I use for hunting.

I get cheapies from all kinds of places. I don't think I've ever bought one, lol. I try not to during the school year, as our school has a zero-tolerance policy. Summer I always have one on me, though. I put other. ;)

I used to carry a knife with me everywhere, but now society has vilified knives as weapons instead of the tools they really are. No more carrying in school, the office, courthouses, etc... so I usually just leave mine in the truck.

Ace hardware - folding utility knife, replaceable blade. I recommend anyone looking at this knife not to buy it from any place but ace due to the safety function. If you push down on a knob to unlock the safety and slide the blade out - this is bad if you use your knive alot - especially when pushing down hard. The blade likes to fly out. Might be my own experience...but I like to be safe rather than sorry when it comes to sharp things.

My bad, but I have never seen anyone actually pull one out of their pocket. I always thought they were a gimmick with the fork, spoon and toothpick. ):h

I carried a Kershaw for years, but found that a medium sized Swiss Army gives me things like tweezers, tooth pick and a screw driver/bottle opener combo I use as much as the blade itself. :thumbsup:

I wouldn't recommend the large one with fork, spoon and all that other nonsense for every day carry though.

I buy the cheep ones, 5 for a buck. after i broke about 10 bucks using them as screw drivers and pry bars :D

I always carried on me one of the smaller Leatherman multi-tool ones, just the one that had about 6 or so different tools. I carried that for about 6 years. I kept that smaller one on me all the times, and a larger one in the center console in the truck at all times. But since this past summer, I bought and have started carrying the Buck "Bones" Knife on me. It's a tactical knife, lightweight, and fits perfect in my pocket. Like most have said here, as soon as my jeans are on, its in my pocket. I love this knife, by far my favorite knife I have ever owned.

Attachments

• Bones Buck Knife.jpg
    Bones Buck Knife.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 2
Stanley 10-049
yhst-4829792992329_2086_15016042.jpg
The blade can be sharpened, but it's removable too. I can use it as a pry bar or screwdriver and get a new blade for $3-$4 if needed.

I have carried a leatherman wave for the last 12 years. I have used it just about every day. If I dont have it, I feel naked. lol

Gerber paraframe II its got a 3.5in half serrated blade and a frame lock fits really nice in the back pocket and if im wearing pants its in my pocket. also carry a small multi tool. and never leave home with out my pliers hanging on my side

Back