• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

1/10/10 Do you snowplow?

1/10/10 Do you snowplow?

• I plow for fun/private use.

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • I plow for cash

• After this year I plan to get a plow

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Plow? I thought you pulled those with tractors.

Votes: 12 35.3%
  • Snow? Whats that?

• Total voters

bighawg

Proud Rider of the Short Bus
Reaction score
Good time for a snowplow question with the record low temps. This weeks question comes from blizzardplowman http://www.thetruckstop.us/forum/member.php?u=34

I plow for fun.
I plow for money
After this year I plan to get a plow
Plow? I thought you pulled those behind a tractor.
Snow? What's that? ):h

If you plow post some pics of your rig and tell what you have. Being from Georgia, I know nothing about the equipment, so enlighten me. Thanks.

Had one on an ATV where we use to live. Closest I come to now for a plow since we moved. This was last winter. This year I've only had to shovel the sidewalk once in December. These "record snowfalls across the country" haven't been hitting here.

100_1344.jpg

Used to plow comm but got tired of it now just my drive which I share with my folks total of about 3/4 mile

Just the 200' drive, parking and barnyard areas at the farm with this:

If it get's serious then the loader tractor comes out of the shed.

Attachments

• JD318-2.jpg
    JD318-2.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 3
We have an 8" blower on our 1066 Hydro. My grandpa used to blow people's driveways until he broke a window and got his a$$ chewed out.

Just my driveway and area in front of the shop. SnowSport personal plow

attachment.php

the snow has never gotten so deep that I can't drive my truck through it - so...nope - not planning on getting a plow. If I did - it'd be for the lawn mower and I'd plow mine, my g/f's parents, my relatives up here, and/or anyone else I could get the mower to.

Sure do:thumbsup: Jersey got a whole hell of alot of snow for its first snowfall. Though my truck doesn't have a plow, I do plow. I subcontract for my neighbor and I'll use the "Rolling Turd" As I like to call her:

1986 International S1600 - 6.9L IDI diesel, 4 speed manual, 2wd, 24,000 lb truck with an aggressive hydraulic clutch. Never the less, I love this thing:
1221091259a.jpg

1221091259.jpg

A few shots of first snow fall here in Jersey:
1221091258.jpg

1221091258a.jpg

1221091300.jpg

1221091300a.jpg

Back