• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

09 Cummins 6.7 issue

ak diesel driver

6.5 driver
Reaction score
Got a buddy that is having issues with his 09. Recently replaced the turbo cause the vanes were stuck and the center section was leaking. Now he's started having issues with the exhaust break engaging whenever it wants to . If he pushes the button to disengae it it still engages whenever it wants. He's also having boost issues as in excessive boost but randomly.
Thoughts?

Was the vane position sensor replaced or reused? Was the controller reused, or did the turbo come with one? Is he checking the boost via a scanner, something plugged into the data port, or a seperate guage? I believe that truck uses a slide sleeve instead of variable vanes with a electric servo controller. I've heard of a few having issues with the gears stripping or breaking from the turbos getting sooted up, and the servo pushing against it breaks it. Could also be a bad boost sensor possibly not reporting the correct boost.

That pretty much leaves an issue with the turbo controller. If a scanner is seeing the boost fluctuation, then that pretty well says the boost sensor is working. I would be checking the wiring at the turbo and looking hard in that area.

Back