• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

(09/08/09) Do you think fuel prices are artificially inflated around the holidays?

(09/08/09) Do you think fuel prices are artificially inflated around the holidays?

• No doubt...

Votes: 29 96.7%
  • No - it's nothing more than supply and demand

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • I haven't seen any price increases

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Randy_the_Hack

Reaction score
Hey guys - some of you work in the business - do you think prices are artificially inflated around the holidays?

Yes I do, if not them someone explain to me why the price always goes up during the summer and most holidays.

Yeah, I always thought it was funny that they could change the prices on a tank 3 different times.

apparently here in KS there used to be (and still is in one or two spots) little fueling stations by the name of Stuckeys. Apparently old man stuckey didn't believe in increasing the price on a tank. the prices only changed when the tanks were filled. He set so much profit to be had off of the fuel, and didn't allow rate hikes until a new truck came.

Too bad that wasn't the law!

Fuel pricing, regardless if its around a Holiday or not, is all a politically connected racket. We should be paying .12 cents a gallon like Venezuela.

It's based off of what the next tank they'll have to buy will cost, not what they paid for the current tank. This goes back to the refineries and oil companies.

Back