• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

(08/25/09) How many times do you fuel your truck in a week?

(08/25/09) How many times do you fuel your truck in a week?

• Average less than once a week

Votes: 24 37.5%
  • Once a week

Votes: 21 32.8%
  • 2-4 times a week

Votes: 19 29.7%
  • 5 to 10 times a week

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • 11 to 15 times a week

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More than 15 times a week

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Randy_the_Hack

Reaction score
So... how many times do you fuel your truck in a week? Do you fill it up, or do you dribble in a few dollars here and there?

usually fill it. jsut easier than going every time i drive it. more so in the winter. the more fuel the harder it is to freeze it.

If I'm running a crew, and have my truck out on the line, then I will fill up every other day to everyday. Right now, I'm in a company truck, so just driving from the campground to the field office, so I'm good for once to twice a week.

When it comes to filling the tank up, I always fill it up all the way. The one thing I have found with the Dodge's compared to my past Chevy's is that I could get the fuel all the way to the lip of the Chevy's, but no matter how hard I try, I can't get the fuel up to the lip of the filler neck on my Dodge. From the time the pump clicked off, to when I finally hung up the pump one time, I put in over 4 gallons of fuel. Usually, on my Chevy's, it was no more than a gallon or so.

hehe, I'll throw a monkey wrench in your statistics. Mine gets filled 1 to 2 times a month. Usually only let it get to 3/4 empty before filling. But then I'm averaging 8,000 miles a year on it too :D

I normally average once a week... but there are times when it seems I'm pumping fuel every other day. Normally I fill up, but there are the occasional "splash-n-go" stops to pick up $20 here, $20 there...

I'll get 6 days on a tank, everyday driver. 44 miles round trip for work then 66 on sat to the track and back. Wed's see 132 miles total pickin up my daughter and takin her back to her mom.

I normally average once a week... but there are times when it seems I'm pumping fuel every other day. Normally I fill up, but there are the occasional "splash-n-go" stops to pick up $20 here, $20 there...

I'll get 6 days on a tank, everyday driver. 44 miles round trip for work then 66 on sat to the track and back. Wed's see 132 miles total pickin up my daughter and takin her back to her mom.

I am in the same boat, I mostly fill my tank but where I work the fuel is about .30/Gal more so I only give them a enough to get to the other side of my world to fill up.

I have an 88 mile round trip commute during the week and a 40 mile round trip on the weekends. My truck is constantly rolling... This will change in September. My wife is being laid off and I will be driving her TDI during the week at 38 MPG...

At 120 mi/day I fill every 3 days (twice a week).
I've never done less than a complete fill up because I calculate mpg on evey tank and always have.

I usually fill up about once a month!

Work is less than 1 mile away one way. I usually walk or ride my bike to work when the weather is nice.

I did not vote since you do not have a selection for me.

Mine gets filled when it needs it - a fill is 110 to 120 gallons at a time. Tanks hold 134 gals, but I never like to run low. Without a trailer, I can go 1800 to 2100 miles without a fill. Pulling my 28' enclosed with two cars in it, I can go about 1200 to 1400 miles without filling. Around home, I fill once to twice a month. Going to Mexico and Guatemala, I fill every day to day and a 1/2, sometimes every two days.

I usually fill up about once a month!

Work is less than 1 mile away one way. I usually walk or ride my bike to work when the weather is nice.

I did not vote since you do not have a selection for me.

I guess I thought that would fall under "Less than once a week"... but what do I know... :D

I try and keep the tank topped off to reduce condensation in the tank. Anything less than 3/4 full at the end of the day gets topped off. Condensation shortens the life of our injectors considerably. I also run a diesel additive that lubes the pump and injectors plus it has a water absorbing additive.

Did the calculations yesterday and I drove my truck a total of.........7,691 miles for the year 2009.

Ya, I don't fill it up very often.

Did the calculations yesterday and I drove my truck a total of.........7,691 miles for the year 2009.

Ya, I don't fill it up very often.

I dont either, anymore. Since I got my company car, I rarely use my truck, maybe once a week. My last tank lasted me 5 weeks. I also have 2 personal vehicles to split up my mileage though.

hehe, I'll throw a monkey wrench in your statistics. Mine gets filled 1 to 2 times a month. Usually only let it get to 3/4 empty before filling. But then I'm averaging 8,000 miles a year on it too :D

Guess I will add to what you have said here in that my truck sits in the garage a lot!! and I drive only on weekends with it or to go and pick something up that is too big for the car. If I fill up once a month that has been a lot of driving for me. As for miles in a year??? Last year I put on 6500 and changed the oil before I went on a trip and have not since then because I have less than 5K on it still.:thumbsup:

We do over 400 miles a week (except on vacation), and always fill on Sunday afternoon. The 18wheelers fill up where we do, so its always fresh. Usually takes a little more than 1/2 tank, putting in the additive right before filling so it gets mixed well.

Back