• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

(08/03/09) Have you ever gotten your truck stuck?

(08/03/09) Have you ever gotten your truck stuck?

• Nope - it's never been stuck

Votes: 18 28.1%
  • Never been stuck (though I've pulled some out)

Votes: 12 18.8%
  • Once, and man, you should have seen it

Votes: 18 28.1%
  • Twice

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Three times or more,,, :(

Votes: 12 18.8%

• Total voters

Randy_the_Hack

Reaction score
This week's poll - have you ever gotten your truck stuck? We're talking "Help - does somebody have a chain? or... "Hello - I need a tow truck!"

This doesn't just apply to guys who offroad - this also applies to guys who live in the snowbelt or where - like me :( - you encounter ice. How does your truck handle these conditions?

I live in Ohio and never use 4x4 in the snow driving down the road. I dont care about snow bans where they say you get a ticket if you go out. Balls to wall gets ya threw :D
In the mud Ive been stuck once with the street tires, had mud coming inside the cab. Its a truck and I use it like one!

I got my first truck stuck to the frame and then some. I went and got a back-hoe to pull it out and it got stuck to the frame.

Three days later we got a bull dozer to pull everything out.):h

I have never stuck a truck, tractor, car nor anything else I've driven to a point of needing someone to pull me out. I've been stuck plenty of times, but always was able to stop/slow down, think clearly and then drive myself out.
I have however stuck atv's, motorcycles and a bicycle so bad I needed a tractor to pull it out.

so far I've only gotten mine stuck once where I needed a pull. I was loaded down with wood and the ground was a 'little' soft. OK the truck sank a couple of inches after I got loaded. other than that its been good.

Only once. I was on a freshly graded dam for a pond that was being built and it was sloppy as he**. Had to get a dozer to pull it back up the hill. It kept wanting to slide down the hill and not go back up. Slicker than eel crap!

many many times and I wasn't wheeling either. Once we needed to get across this field to get to some stuff on the other side. It was late spring so we were watching things pretty close got out and walked it it felt pretty solid so we started to drive across about half way we started to notice waves in the ground ( literally the ground was moving) before we could do anything down she went almost couldn't open the doors. Of course being a field not a tree or anything close. Been stuck so many times I don't even like wheeling. I firmly believe in the adage the difference between 2 wheel drive and 4 wheel drive is 50' and alot worse stuck.

Oh yeah, I got it stuck REALLY good. 18 inches of snow on top of 6 inches of ice. The tires where literatily hanging in the air. Thankfully I have a few friends with bigger trucks then mine and they own chains!

Got the truck sideways and ready to go over a 20' bank on wet clay on the sidehill behind the house. Called my buddy with an LMM to straight things out.

Once and only once......was 13 years old and was dads farm truck. I was spinning around in the snow and slid off into a ditch on our dirt road. Dad beat me with every limb off every pine tree in sight that he could reach, :eek: stopped when he ran out of reachable limbs. Since then I have NEVER been stuck again :thumbsup:

PLowing snow quite a few times. I grew up on a bull dozer so when I am pushin it is hard to get out of dozer mode!!!!!!!!! I have found a new friend that goes with with me everywher now I call him WINCHMAN>9500 lbs, 1/2 cable... hasn't let me down yet. Used it 3 times last season.

2 winters ago we had a snowstorm so bad that we hit snow going down the road that was up past the wheel wells, almost to the top of the hood, and dd not get stuck.

yup

6491_555374150678_208700587_32866867_3396055_n.jpg

If you live on a farm sometimes you are going to get stuck. I have been stuck in on just about everything I own. Bulldozer, combine tractors and trucks.

I was just talking about this today. Yes pulling a triple axle trailer with skid steer on it about 24 hours after i bought the truck. (I bought it 500 miles away from where i live so it was really like 12 hours after i got it home). Tried pulling up a "slight" incline that had grass and morning dew with stock pizza cutters:eek:. Duece and a half helped me up the rest of the way.:thumbsup: Thats it though...

Back