• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

'07 Tahoe Brake Pads

btfarm

America First!
Staff member
Lead Moderator
Reaction score
Well the boss has managed to eat through a set of pads on her NBS '07 Tahoe in just over 40k miles:rolleyes5: (mine are still 75% good at 100+k). Anybody have a suggestion for new OEM pads at a reasonable price. I don't think I need to get too exotic but would like nothing less than OEM quality.
Thanks for your input!

I would stay with the OEM Pads.....the boss must be riding the brake for them to wear out that fast.

You should look for the police package brakes. It might be a different part number but their intended use is completely different and they should not only stop it better, they should last longer as well.

I have used these in the past with great success. This is not a site vendor's listing. (BAN ME BAN ME!!)

Brand EBC Brakes
Manufacturer's Part Number DP71742
Part Type Brake Pads
Product Line EBC Greenstuff 7000 Series SUV Supreme Heavy Duty Range Organic Brake Pads

For Use with Stock Calipers Yes
For Use with Stock Rotors Yes
For Use with Slotted Rotors Yes
For Use with Cross-Drilled Rotors Yes
Intended for Street Use Yes
Brake Pad Material Organic
Friction Material Type Greenstuff organic material
Brake Pad Construction Integrally molded with shims
Sensor Wire No
Hardware Included No
Quantity Sold as a set.

The ultimate SUV front-end pads.

These 7000 Series Greenstuff brake pads from EBC will stop faster and last longer with almost zero brake dust, and are EBC's premium offering for heavy 4x4s. Guaranteed to be noise-free, these pads deliver the stopping power you need!

The features and benefits of this new SUV Supreme Range include:

* Chamfered and slotted
* Factory-shimmed with triple-layer Wolverine shims
* Coated with friction accelerator for fast bed-in
* Higher mileage brake compounds

OK guys, here's what I found:
EBC 7000 Fronts 105.64 and EBC 6000 rears 84.30 Auto Parts Warehouse w/free ship. That's steep but I like the concept and Aston's endorsement.

Raybestos Police package. front semi-metallic 45.99 rear ceramic 44.99 plus ship. Not sure I like the idea of the dust from the semi-metallic fronts.

AC Delco Police package. Says with and w/o active control. I don't know what that means. They're 111.00 an axle

AC Delco performance. Semi-metallic front and ceramic rears 86.79 an axle

Raybestos professional (excludes Police). Ceramic front and rear 48.79 an axle

All 4 above are Rock Auto and shipping will be about 10.00

AN OPINION IS APPRECIATED!
Thanks guys!

Hard to beat a Wagner set of pads.

Check on the rotor size for the police pkg, if you are leaning that way, It may be different.

Make sure the new pads dont bind when you install them, its important for these brakes to move freely. I typically wire wheel the stainless clips and reuse them since the replacements rarely fit as well.

AC Delco Police package. Says with and w/o active control. I don't know what that means. They're 111.00 an axle

I have no idea what that means either.

I had a set on my 99 Tahoe and it friggen stopped when you needed it to. I also didnt have an excessive dust problem either.

I've seen that Chrysler products have a dust problem since every one of their trucks and jeeps have black front wheels due to dust.

I have not seen a dust problem on any GM brakes since I don't know when... ever since they went ceramic I guess. That's also what I've used on all of those I've replaced. Right now I'm wavering between the Raybestos ceramic and the EBCs.
That short person is pretty damn important to me and alot of others so I want good brakes... Especially as hard on 'em as she is.

Bump.
Any more opinions? Gonna order this weekend for install next w/e.
Probably the Raybestos ceramics since the Rock auto discount is available.

Only car we have dust issues on is my dad's 05 Bonneville GXP, because they used semi-metallic pads. Ceramic pads will fix that issue.

Back