• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

07 new mirror question

radar1053

Recruit
Reaction score
I know that this subject has been beat to death but I have the chance to get some 08 new style mirrors for my truck thru my step sons work I can get for under $200 each.

My truck is an 03 with MANUAL rollup windows, no power windows and no power key fob. Where I work we wire the fire trucks in all the time and I need to know after I looked at the thread in another section of this group that he wired it all in and gives lots of help. I have help with wiring at work but need to make sure.

Can I put the new style in and make them work. All I really want it to do is have the turn signal in the mirror work for visibilty and also the heated part for the winter but will I be able to make the connections all work out.
I am ready to get them but need to make sure first.

Thanks in advance

08 mirrors won't work on your truck,,but,06 towing mirrors will fit,but you will need a 06 factory wiring diagram and the inside the truck pigtails out of a wrecked truck,,this isn't going to be an easy job

But not having all the wiring in the doors, will I be able to hook into the wiring harness without a lot of hassle, does it mess up the computer crap or that type of stuff as well. I can also get the 06 mirror because the turn signal and heat is all I want?
Thanks again for more thought on this subject and your input

do you have a rear window defogger?,my heated mirrors work when i turn on my rear window defogger,

do you have a rear window defogger?,my heated mirrors work when i turn on my rear window defogger,

Yes I do have that option. When I bought this truck it seemed like a very bland vehicle but I still got because I could pay cash and be done with it. Now I wish I could have looked some more maybe?

But as said in the 2nd post I would be able to use the 06 style on my 03 and then some wiring to get all of it working, turn signal and heat. I have the rear defroster and I could do as the post in another section that shows how to wire into the harness for the signal?
Thanks again for the help guys

Back