• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

07 LBZ - questions about removing the kitty

I don't know exactly why some members loose fuel mileage either. I was just going by what some members reported back on lower fuel mileage after the same mod. I think you need a little back pressure, but not too much. The stock setup has a lot of back pressure, and the 4" turbo back has minimal back pressure. Maybe we need something in between?

Wonder if that was a cat design change for 2008 for the DPF systems? I stand corrected and will have to look at the 2008 closer. Looks like I should change the 2005 of mine...

Geez, looks like I need to remove the cat on the 05. That thing has to be full by now, especially with the Diablo on there...

mileage update - 18.5 mpg on last tank just driving back and forth to work...which btw was almost dead on with the DIC - was showing 18.4 and hand calculated to 18.5...and the "gallons used" was dead on the money. 100 miles into this tank and showing 19.1 mpg.

Yeah, Ed you should loose the cat. Mine was clogged up pretty good as you can imagine any diesel would be. It sounds friggin awesome. The first time the whole family rode in it, coming back from church my 12 year old daughter got out to open/close the gate and when she got back in she said "daddy, somethings wrong with your truck...it's making a 'shhhhhhhh' sound out the back" - lol

mileage update - 18.5 mpg on last tank just driving back and forth to work...which btw was almost dead on with the DIC - was showing 18.4 and hand calculated to 18.5...and the "gallons used" was dead on the money. 100 miles into this tank and showing 19.1 mpg.

Yeah, Ed you should loose the cat. Mine was clogged up pretty good as you can imagine any diesel would be. It sounds friggin awesome. The first time the whole family rode in it, coming back from church my 12 year old daughter got out to open/close the gate and when she got back in she said "daddy, somethings wrong with your truck...it's making a 'shhhhhhhh' sound out the back" - lol

EFILIVE can take care of that wooshing sound at an idle and turn it into a nice rumble.

Did you get any codes from opening up the exhaust? Do you have it blocked and fingered? Looks like I will be doing the same this spring. :D

Back