• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

07 gmc classic front bumper to 07 chevy classic

Odlaw

Redneck
Reaction score
Just wondering if a bumper off a 07 classic GMC will fit my 07 classic chevy? I absolutely hate the plastic top half of my bumper.....it takes a lot of rinsing with a hose to get mud and cow crap to stop running down(out from under) the plastic on the ends of the bumper. I don't know anybody that has a GMC but just seeing one in passing the bumper lines look like they're the same - I know the hardware will bolt up I'm just concerned about the bumper meshing with the lower grill/headlights.

Thanks
Smitty

would the grill line of the Chevy match the bumper line of the chevy?

IIRC the frame horns are identical...

I guess the brackets and body lines would be the only issue?

It's really not much of an option with a 2nd or 3rd gen GMT800 front end with any GMC bumper. The GMC grille sits down much lower.

There are some guys who put GMC bumpers on 01-02 Silverado HDs. Doesn't line up quite right but as you can see the grille on those dip down MUCH lower.
0908tr_05_zforbidden_fantasy_2009si.jpg

Few frontal shots to compare grille depths....

99-02 GMC
5082_607149889863_27217910_36396995.jpg

03-07 GMC
P1060250.jpg

03-07 Chevy (05-07 shown)
100_1265.jpg

From another site only issue he had, was there are no brackets that run out to the side of the bumper which lets it sag a bit he fabbed his own brackets to make it work.

Attachments

• 111.jpg
    111.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 111111.jpg
    111111.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 5
IDK, the angles just aren't quite right between the two. The silverado grille is narrower at the bottom.

That grille thats on there isn't the best IMO, I belive he went to a stock style grille and the lines actually follow very well

Back