• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

07 Classic Cab Light Install

07HDClassic

Reaction score
Well I finally got the courage and took the drill to my cab. Personally, I'm not a big fan of the factory 01-07 GM cab lights with the small outer and large center light. So with the idea from Devin, 83GMCK2500, I bought 5 of the 01-07 GM outer lights and spaced them similar to the 88-98 cab lights. Thanks again Devin, and sorry I got to it before you did.

Attachments

• Cab Light 1.jpg
    Cab Light 1.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 49
  • Cab Light 2.jpg
    Cab Light 2.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 52
  • Cab Light 3.jpg
    Cab Light 3.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 28
Thanks for the mention Brandon. Way to post a night shot of them, they looked damn good in my driveway last night. It was then I was convinced to axe the DRLs and go all amber markers.

I'll second how awesome it looks, he parked behind me in the lot at school today and just walking that near his truck I noticed them and admired them.

Well I finally got the courage and took the drill to my cab.

Yeah I'm glad I stood back from a distance at first...... That was some scary :nono: Really makes the truck look better every time I see it.....

Thanks for the mention Brandon. Way to post a night shot of them, they looked damn good in my driveway last night. It was then I was convinced to axe the DRLs and go all amber markers.

Like I've been telling you all along, DRLs suck. Heck I hated them so much I convinced Brandon to let me do his truck before I had the 02. :D Then once you get rid of the amber DRLs you need to let me disable the auto headlights for good. You going to come over tonight and see the HIDS?

Now this thread catches my attention...

Those roof markers look cool.

I'm looking for specifics on how to make the DRL's into parking lamps. I think that looks awesome. My auto headlights are already disabled and I turn off my DRL's 99.9 % of the time anyways. Any details would be cool.

I'm looking for specifics on how to make the DRL's into parking lamps. I think that looks awesome. My auto headlights are already disabled and I turn off my DRL's 99.9 % of the time anyways. Any details would be cool.

I will see if I can post what I did on my truck later on tomorrow. I'm not a big fan of the DRL's so A good friend of mine, David, 88gmctruck, help me to get rid of them and make them function as parking lights. Ill will have my camera out anyway (I ordered towing mirrors and they will be in and installed tomorrow:D) so Ill just have to do a couple of different posts.

If I can get around to it, I will get some pics of my taillights too. 88gmctruck helped me add a different socket to add another running light.

Well I think we are going to convert Devin's truck now, so when we do I'll take picts and write up a how to article. on it.

And yes, Tomorrow Brandon gets towing mirrors which means I get power mirrors for the 02 :D

That would be awesome if you could do some kind of write up on that with pictures. You guys rock...!

Well I finally got the courage and took the drill to my cab. Personally, I'm not a big fan of the factory 01-07 GM cab lights with the small outer and large center light. So with the idea from Devin, 83GMCK2500, I bought 5 of the 01-07 GM outer lights and spaced them similar to the 88-98 cab lights. Thanks again Devin, and sorry I got to it before you did.

Was there a wiring harness to the roof from the factory? Are they wired into a separate switch or the factory one? I am planning on these for my 96 Sierra. Yours look great!

There are factory wiring for both the 88-98 and 99-07 trucks, and both plug into their respective power distribution blocks, and turn on with the factory lights.

Was there a wiring harness to the roof from the factory? Are they wired into a separate switch or the factory one? I am planning on these for my 96 Sierra. Yours look great!

Here is an example of the harness for 99-07 trucks:
attachment.php

The green plug plugs into the power dist. block under the passenger side of the dash:
attachment.php

Oh look, here is an entire 88-98 style set on ebay:
attachment.php

P.S. (Yes Dave, my ebay slut magic strikes again...;))

Attachments

• bf77_1.JPG
    bf77_1.JPG
    25.3 KB · Views: 43
  • bfe9_1.JPG
    bfe9_1.JPG
    28.2 KB · Views: 44
  • 8198_1.JPG
    8198_1.JPG
    19.5 KB · Views: 43
I got the wiring harness for mine from the dealership, and it clips into the A-pillar and the top of the cab into hole that are already there. Like 88gmctruck said it plugs into the side of the dash just like it would come from the factory and the lights turn on when your parking lights are on.

Here are a few pictures of where the harness plugs into the side of the dash on the passenger side of the truck. Its the bright green plug

Attachments

• Cab Light Harness.jpg
    Cab Light Harness.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 8
  • Cab Light Plug.jpg
    Cab Light Plug.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 9
Oh look, here is an entire 88-98 style set on ebay:
attachment.php

P.S. (Yes Dave, my ebay slut magic strikes again...;))

:mad2: Yes Devin, I know they are still available on ebay.... I just don't think they'd look good on my 88 since it's a stepside....

I got the wiring harness for mine from the dealership, and it clips into the A-pillar and the top of the cab into hole that are already there. Like 88gmctruck said it plugs into the side of the dash just like it would come from the factory and the lights turn on when your parking lights are on.

Here are a few pictures of where the harness plugs into the side of the dash on the passenger side of the truck. Its the bright green plug

I also modified the harness for the 2 extra lights ):h If you want to run 5 outer NBS lights you'll have to get 2 additional pigtails and splice them into the wiring harness.

I'm finally tired of Devin and Brandon harping me about cab lights so I bought a set for the 88....... Not saying i'm actually drilling holes in the cab but i'm going to set them up and see how they look....

Oh and WTF Devin you don't even have cab lights or a dually clearance light. Better get on that.:icon_bs:

I'm finally tired of Devin and Brandon harping me about cab lights so I bought a set for the 88....... Not saying i'm actually drilling holes in the cab but i'm going to set them up and see how they look....

Oh and WTF Devin you don't even have cab lights or a dually clearance light. Better get on that.:icon_bs:

:thumbsup:I had better. Along with that miss-matched dome/map light. Why don't you just bring up those quadrasteer fenders and rub a little salt in the wound.:drama:

Nick,
Dave and I got hit with a bunch of homework this weekend. We are shooting for converting Devin's DRL to parking lights on tuesday (hopefully), so one of us will post the how to after that.

Back