• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

07.5 lmm 6.6 Duramax replace injectors

Welcome to The Truck Stop Mason.

I don’t have a Duramax and have never changed injectors on one so I’m no help there. The guys that know might chime in as soon as they see this and help you out.

Welcome To the Truck Stop. I, personally, have not changed injectors on my LBZ but, as I understand, they aren't too difficult to do since they are external.

Welcome To the Truck Stop. I, personally, have not changed injectors on my LBZ but, as I understand, they aren't too difficult to do since they are external.
Wheres that emoji of somebody laughing there but off. I heard this same thing, but until I did a set, I never knew how wrong it was. I did an LLY, and it was NO fun. Yes you don't have to pull the covers, but the injectors are long as heck, all kinds of crap gets caked up around them that needs to be cleaned out before you touch the injectors, and the length of them can make finnagling the back ones in FUN. Yes they're easier, but still not a cake walk if you're doing them all.

Not too difficult being a relative term... I would likely do it but not if I wanted the Truck ready to use in a day or 2. I know my nephew has done his LLY. Thus, I use the phrase...

Back