• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

06 Lbz P0741

Does it try to lock up at all? It could be a spun stator shaft(GM has a bulletin about this), bad F solenoid(lockup solenoid), or a burnt converter.

Yes it locks and I can feel it come in and out under throttle.

The truck feels normal (for it). The tranny is definitely tired and when towing I get 8 codes total by the time I get to my destination.

I have started driving it harder lately and the tranny hasn't limped since then but it's definitely well worn.

Sent from: Source Unknown

Might want to save your $ and see about contacting MikeL for an Inglewood unit.

Last edited:
A new Tranny was on the to-do list. Its getting a full repaint and body work in july (hail damage check), a tranny was next on the list.

I was hoping that since it doesnt limp that there was a bad solenoid or sensor causing the codes. I guess it just means its smoked and slipps alot.

Definately going to need a heavier duty unit. I cant say I am unhappy with 215K on the tranny and alot of hard towing.

Changed tranny fluid (double flush amsoil torque drive) and temps are down and no more code.

Now (unrelated problem) I get v0100 lost ecm connection code. Any ideas?

Sent from: Source Unknown

Back