• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

06 lbz fuel gauge issues

tanman_2006

Just a farm kid...
Reaction score
My fuel gauge drops to E w/ low fuel light on if left idling for bout 5 min.

Is this a gauge problem? Most of the back lights on my cluster are out so replacing wouldn't bother me.

Also, my truck decided to reset its hrs...

Are you refueling when it does it? If the ECM detects a change in fuel level it doesn't think should take place, it will drop the fuel level to E and turn the light on. If it was a stepper just the needle would drop, and if it was a coms issue all of the gauges would drop. Sounds like either a problem with your level unit, or a software issue. Some early flashes had problems with the gauge dropping.

Never did it until recently, after 3yrs and over 100k miles you would think it would have shown up sooner.

It does it anytime I park and leave my truck running for heat, been 20* the past few days. Does it when I start it in the AM and go back in for coffee, fed cattle and it was showing low when I got back from breaking ice, got out to release coffee and it did it again (I think you get the idea)

I fuel up w/ it running all the time, it just takes a while for the gauge to come up

Hour reset it typically a bad battery or otherwise low voltage when cranking. The fuel level senders are a better design than in the past, but, still fail.

I'll load test the batts, it bogged when I started but it was 2* this AM and I just figured that's what caused. Batts were new last yr.

Back