• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

06 LBZ - Check Engine Light, Code P0667

Glow plugs are $15.00 at O'Reilly and are very easy to replace. I had mine replaced in 30 minutes. Pulling the fender cover is more work than the glow plug. It doesn't hurt anything to drive it with the glow plug out. The CEL being on is a nuisance. Glad you got it fixed.

Glow plugs are $15.00 at O'Reilly and are very easy to replace. I had mine replaced in 30 minutes. Pulling the fender cover is more work than the glow plug. It doesn't hurt anything to drive it with the glow plug out. The CEL being on is a nuisance. Glad you got it fixed.

Thanks for the info Sarge. That's good to know for future reference.

They charged me just under $40 for one glow plug and one nut plus labor, for a total of $169.24

I'll have to keep that in mind in case this happens again.

My 2nd glow plug failed today. #3 this time. Last one was #6. Back to O'Reilly for parts. My son replace one of the glow plugs when he had this truck. I have heard of something wrong with the controller that causes the GP to fail. What do you all know about that?

Burning Oil has a tool that removes swollen glow plugs, give Leroy a PM if u need one,. Hey gassers have to have plugs, wires and injectors and coil pacs Ray. I spent $700 @ the dealership getting the above done to my Mustang so a $30 glow plug aint bad and u dont have Wellmans so it probably is not swollen.

My 2nd glow plug failed today. #3 this time. Last one was #6. Back to O'Reilly for parts. My son replace one of the glow plugs when he had this truck. I have heard of something wrong with the controller that causes the GP to fail. What do you all know about that?

The only fix I know about was a re-flash from the dealer.

V1464 - 06522 - REPROGRAM GLOW PLUG CONTROL MODULE

And that was only EARLY LBZs. Mine was built in June '06 and never had to worry about that problem by then.

It is interesting that you would mention that. When I picked up my truck after the dealer replace the failed glow plug, they told me to keep an eye on it because quite often the Glow Plug Controller fails in a short time.

This comment made me wonder if they had done something that could affect controller durability. It is my understanding that in order to do this repair, you must first disconnect the batteries, which when I have done it in the past it would cause the clock to reset to MIDNIGHT and the radio to cancel all the button pre-sets. But when I got in my truck, the clock read the correct time, all my radio pre-sets were the same and even the station I had been listening to was set. And I know that I had turned OFF the radio before I arrived at the dealership. So this leads me to suspect that they wouldn't necessarily have known what stations I had pre-set and the repair was probably done without disconnecting the batteries.

Yes, I had this recall taken care shortly after I bought the truck.

Ray, I've disconnected both batteries (for at least 5 min) before and not lost anything except the clock time setting. I wouldn't put it pat a decent tech being consciencious enough to reset the clock.

Ray, I've disconnected both batteries (for at least 5 min) before and not lost anything except the clock time setting. I wouldn't put it pat a decent tech being consciencious enough to reset the clock.

I hear you, Mike. But according to everything I have read about this job, it takes a lot longer than 5 minutes to complete. They charged me for 1.5 hours to do the work @ $85/hr.

I just hope the GPCM has not been damaged. I don't need any more unforeseen expenses right now.

How do u know if ur glow plug controller has been reflashed? My uncle has a decently early LBZ, like January 06, and just lost a glow plug, maybe more since it was on the scanner....are the glow plugs convered under the extended warranty?

How do u know if ur glow plug controller has been reflashed? My uncle has a decently early LBZ, like January 06, and just lost a glow plug, maybe more since it was on the scanner....are the glow plugs convered under the extended warranty?

You can post your VIN in the VIN Check section and in a few days, one of the member techs will post the history of your truck. If it has been reflashed, it should appear in the truck's history.

Glow plugs should be covered under the GM extended warranty, as long as it is within the mileage/time limit. I don't know about other warranties.

P0675 DTC Dode

I just got the P0675 DTC earlier today. Looks like I will be replacing the glow plugs. I think I will do all of them if I can get a decent price on them. The glow plug light would not go out when I turned the ignition on, and then the check engine light came on solid when I turned the truck on. I just hope the tip is not broken. Any help on where to get them other than Oreilly's? I'd rather go with and OEM glow plug.

Last edited:
#5 ought to be pretty easy to get to on the right bank Jeff. IDK where to get one but take a gander ar Grady's DIY on it. A good penetrating oil for several days in a row beforehand is in order. Yeah, I'd be nervous too but I definately would do it myself with no warranty. And I'd only do the one that's needed.

I thought about doing just the one, but I am worried now about all of the others. I do not want any broken tips. I may still be under warranty, but I figure that I will just do it myself. I have 77,500 on the odometer. I really don't feel like buying them at the dealer.

I decided to replace just the one for now (P0675 DTC code). $25.10 at the dealer. Nobody else had them in stock. The number 5 cylinder. Piece of cake. The fender liner removal was the worst part of the job. Just trying to save the plastic fender washers. They are a royal pain in the arse. :) PS. Don't forget the 2 small bolts on the front of the fender liner. A 10mm socket with a small extension is what you need. This is for the passenger side. They connect the front valance to the fender liner. I think it just gives the liner a little more rigidity. And while the fender liner is off, it is a good time to clean out the mud and gunk that builds up behind the fender liner and in the metal part of the fender. It will just rot out the metal fender in time.

I updated Grady's thread with some photos from the passenger side. http://www.thetruckstop.us/forum/sh...ug-Replacement&p=378623&viewfull=1#post378623

Last edited:
100k warranty on an '06 Ashton? Thought that didn't happen until '07. Not that it matters with the miles I have...

100k warranty on an '06 Ashton? Thought that didn't happen until '07. Not that it matters with the miles I have...
The 2006 Duramax did have a 5yr/100K mile warranty, but for the engine only. So glowplugs would be covered. GM changed the warranty to cover the complete powertrain starting with the 2007 model year.

Back