• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

(06/29/09) How do you use a cell phone while driving?

(06/29/09) How do you use a cell phone while driving?

• I never use one while driving

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • I seldom use one while driving

Votes: 14 25.9%
  • I use one, hands-free only

Votes: 7 13.0%
  • I use one, hand held

Votes: 18 33.3%
  • I only answer, then pull over to talk

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • I don't have a cell phone

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I use OnStar

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • I use more than one of the above...

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • I use speaker phone option

Votes: 4 7.4%

• Total voters
OnStar....sure beats having a cellphone glued to my ear or wearing a bluetooth device

I try to avoid the use of one.....if I happen to be driving in town, your gona have to just leave a message.

I use it, not much usually the wife and Im always worried something is wrong with her or our son, so I cant not answer.. cant talk long as my truck is way to loud and im getting old :eek:

I myself hate talking on the phone while driving, but do usually answer when it rings. I consider myself a pretty good driver, but will still put it down if there is traffic and I have to pull out onto a busy street. I also have a blue tooth headset for the phone that I use. It's better than holding the phone to my ear, but still a distraction. Two of my vehicles have a stereo that is also a blue tooth for the phone. When my phone rings, the radio is muted, and the phone number scrolls across the radio's face, I answer it by hitting a button on the remote, and talk through the radio. Kind of neat. But even that is a bit of a distraction.

Never while in motion. If it's important, they'll leave a message. I call back when stopped.
Multi taksing is now proven to be a misnomer. We only do one thing really well at a time, I prefer public safety and my own as #1 priority.
The biggest problem IMO is the unexpected crap other distracted/stupid sheeple do around us. For that, we need to be aware.
PTSD rules!

I'll use it in rural areas I regularly drive and will answer (when I can) in traffic but I frequently say " I gotta drive right now so I'll talk to you later".
Unfortunately, many other people think it's their right and shouldn't have to be bothered with such mundane things like safe driving...

I use my phone everyday for work, but when driving, I have my bluetooth headset. I do try to keep it to an minimum the amount of time I spend on the phone when driving, even with the bluetooth on. It kinda scares me when I think back about how much I did talk on the phone while driving when I was younger. I have drasticly cut back on my phone time as I have got older.

Back