• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

05 4500 transfer pump not working

junkyardjerry

Reaction score
Anyone know where the transfer fuel pump relay (dual tank 25/15) is located and how it is labeled on a 05 4500. Have change sending unit in main tank and fuel pump because the trouble codes told me too both old units tested to be good when on bench. Still not transferring. Ran out of fuel , gauge reading 1/3 rear tank full

The problem with the kodiak's is many of them had aftermarket fuel transfer setups installed. If it's factory, then I would get a scanner on it, and see if you can command the relay on with the scanner. Also make sure you're installing the correct senders. I know in pickups, the sender works one way for lb7's, and in reverse for lly's and newer. In pickups with a diesel, the fuel pump relay in the underhood fuse box is for the transfer pump.

I have been having a similar issue with my factory set-up. The fuel gauge just stops working intermittently (usually at idle, sometimes it starts working again after a bit), the transfer pump quits working and I get a P2636 code. Clear code everything works fine. The Aux tank vent hose has been relocated with the factory Revision, but I'm not sure if the Aux tank is been changed to the shorter internal spout ( interference problem i've read about with the Cab and Chassis units). Any thoughts of where to go from here or how to tell if I have the revised version of the Aux tank?

Back