• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

04 suburban abs code c0268 and odd sound when breaking

chevyCowboy

I might be crazy but i ain't dumb
Reaction score
My wife's suburban recently has been making an odd (clanging banging, those are her words) sound when she steps on the breaks or accelerates from a stop. I have tried to get it to make the sound when Im driving it but like normal it never does what ever weird thing she is telling me about when I drive it. the abs light does come on and when I checked the code its a c0268 pump motor short/open circuit,

any one have any ideas?

This truck is lifted on 35's so my first thought was wheel bearings but they are only like 6 months old and seem tight yet. my other thought was half shafts but they seem tight when I pull on them, when ever they go out in my pickup they get really sloppy.

well I finally heard a sound when I put the truck in reverse and it ended up being a bad u joint but that doesn't have anything to do with the abs code, the light didn't come back on when I went for a ride after doing the u joints, ill have to see what happens when she drives it this week

Back