• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

03 lb7 lope and blue smoke at idle

dmax01

Reaction score
i have a 2003 lb7 duramax with new injectors 2 years ago 30k miles on them they are 20hp over. it has been loping and puffing blue smoke at idleand when i take off it just poors out white blue smoke cant even go past stop sign without covering the intersection. just replaces fpr and changed fuel filter but no change. please help me!!!!! :mad2:

Sure sounds like a hung injector to me. Pull the glow plugs out, unplug the FICM, and turn it over. I imagine you will find one cylinder that blows diesel out while cranking it over.

Doubtfully. The bigger injectors without changing the ECM isn't good, but shouldn't give these kinds of issues. I know people who have run stock tuning with 45 overs. it didn't run the best, but it ran decent. When did the problem first happen? Has it been this way since the injectors or did it happen all of the sudden? Who's injectors did you put in it? Also keep in mind with oversized injectors and stock tuning all of your balance and fuel rates are worthless and incorrect. A compression test, return rate test(not to be confused with balance rates), and depending on the outcome sending the injectors out for testing is where you are at.

Wondering about the source of the injectors too. That's where I would be looking 1st.

Back