• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

03 cummins no start

john65td

Addicted to boost
Reaction score
I got a basket case on my hands. my friend traded his truck for this 03 cummins that does not run. this is what i know, guy claims he was driving it down the road and it just quit, they said it will run on ether (bad idea) he couldn't get it running so he got a new truck.

my friend got it and it had codes for the crank sensor p0336, so he replaced the crank sensor. also it had a p0251 fuel injection pump mechanical failure. he replaced the pump. i'm not sure if there were other code at this time or what diag he did.

he finally brought it to me after all this because it still does not start just cranks. I have checked power and grounds and fuel pressure. all checkes out, it has fuel to the injectors. I cleared the old codes and cranked the engine, it won't fire. I checked all the pushrods and valves all look ok. i have reoccuring codes of P0251, P0336, P0341 no cam ref at pcm, P0480 fan clutch P0837 undifined and p2509 powertrain date lost error.

I researched various threads to checkc ac wiring and some other, all is good. I'm leaning towards a bad Ecm but i'm not very familiar with the common rails and just looking for more things to check and advise. thanks in advance.

Back