• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

'03-'07 Silverado/Sierra All On Headlight Mod

I got the diodes and plan on doing this mod soon. I am not the best at vehicle electrical systems, although I like residential electric.

I was curious how to do this and still retain the fog light switch. I would like control over the fog lights and still have them come on when I hit the high beam if that is possible. I like to have the fog lights and the marker lights on at times. If so how would I go about doing that? If not how would I go about it to still maintain control over the foglights with the switch? Also would I be able to turn the foglights on seperately when the high beam/low beams are lit?

When you turn on your highbeams, you'll get everything in one package deal. When you turn on your low beams, you'll get the option to run your fogs if you want, just like many of ours are set up.

When you're ready, let me know. I'll pm you my cell number and I'll walk you through it.

i did mine using the bright box.... no need to soder or cut wires just plug and play....payed 125.00.... shore cuts down on the fools that like to blind you with high beams ... hit your highs and let the light come in!!!

This is my favorite and easiest modification. Besides my own truck, I did it on my Dad's '03 Suburban, and he gets perverse pleasure in blinding idiots driving with their high beams on.

Last edited:
Quick question... Where is each fuse, ie hb lt, hb rt, lb lt, etc in the circuit? Are the lights still on individual circuits and the 85 pin energizes the relay for each set of lights?

Have you taken a look into your fuse box at all? Its kinda hard to describe but connecting the 85 pins together, gives the rest power, when the origional fuse gets power. For whatever reason (above my level) the 85 pin is the magic pin.

What I am trying to find out.... Without doing anything, each set of lights is protected by fuses. One for each left and each right. When you energize the 85 pin of the relay, is the fuse protection for each light still in place? Does the 85 pin just energize the control size of the relay for each set of lights?

Thanks

Did this mod today (technically yesterday) and it is great. Never used the high beams in my truck due to not being able to see the sides of the road, because I couldn't use the fogs. Now I don't want to turn the highs down. Glad I had it tonight because I saw two deer I never would have saw without it, and I believe the lights kept one from crossing in front of me.
I did find that the hand drawing had the bottle cap in the wrong location, for me anyway, I had to turn it towards the lowbeam relay from the fogs to get it to work. That was my only malfunction. Very easy mod.
I didn't want to bother you Nick unless I ran into trouble. Thanks for the writeup.

Did mine today to, except I chose not to do the fogs. I've got 100W aux lights on the front of my grill guard so I'm thinking that should be more than enough. I guess I will find out in the morning on the way to work.

Any gauge thats similar in size to the diodes. I wanna say 10 gauge but I dont honestly remember.

Use something small. If you start getting to big then it just gets hard to shove the wire and the pins on the fuse back in the hole.

You can wrap the exposed wire around one of the legs of the fuse for a good connection instead of soldering it. None of mine are soldered. Wrap it to the leg and shove it into the hole. Or, shove the exposed wire into the hole and put the fuse back in.

Back