• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

'03-'07 Silverado/Sierra All On Headlight Mod

x2, if diodes are the right way, your fogs may be getting signal from the DRL's depending on how you set it up. My setup is on #44 on page 3. I don't do the DRL's, but going off my setup you should just need a third separate run w/diode from the high beam relay.

Just as general good measure you should protect/isolate the diodes.

Hmm...ok so I removed the drl diode and flipped the one that connects the lows and the fogs (flipped it to cap being closest to the fogs lights). This causes the fogs to function like normal (on and off with lows, not on with highs).

Previously, I had the diodes set up as per the drawn diagram in the first post. But I'm kind of confused bc that diagram differs from the diagram that shows the underside of the fuse box top, in that they have the low/fog diode bottle cap facing different directions. So which is correct?

Also, how did you guys get from the diode itself to the way they are being shown in the diagrams (just heatshrink on the diodes or what? How did you get them so long? I can connect them all just using the diodes but its a little annoying when I'm having to keep pulling them out trying to figure this out.)

According to the drawn diagram, the highs trigger the lows, which trigger the fogs, which trigger the drls...so how are people able to turn off the fogs (and drls, when connected) if there's a diode going from low to the fogs...wouldn't fogs always get power if the lows are on (which would explain my previous set up, all lights on with highs, but not being able to turn off the drls or fogs on low [im guessing bc they are powered from the diode from the low beams...but i dont see how people are able to maintain the fog switch inside)?

Also, the fogs are still constantly on if i use my previous set up minus the drl diode.

Thanks for the help guys, keep it coming. :D

I soldered wire to the diodes to make them the length I wanted, then wrapped in electrical tape.

To maintain control over fogs you need to use the high beam relay to trigger everything else. Don't set it up in cascading series.

I changed the setup so that now the high beams trigger the lows and drls, and the lows trigger the fogs. I dont mind the fogs being on with low beams and they aren't set to come on when the drl are the only thing on. So I'm pretty comfortable with this set up. I might do some soldering at some point but for now this seems like it might be alright. :) At least this way I don't have to mess with hitting the fog lights switch when I'm just using low beams. The concern I have is the stress of having all three run from the high beams. I know that these are just triggers but is there any danger of having three (since I'm using the drls) triggers coming from one relay (if i decide to solder them)?

Back