• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

'03-'07 Silverado/Sierra All On Headlight Mod

Ya know, the fog light install is rather easy. All you need is an air dam to bolt right up to it with the fogs already in there.

Just another set of pics to show how I chose to insert the wires into the relays. Been set up like this for 4 years now, no problems whatsoever.

Attachments

• fuse 2a.jpg
    fuse 2a.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 39
  • fuse box 1a.jpg
    fuse box 1a.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 46
When you hook up your diodes, you can run whatever you want, just like factory.

The only thing that changes is when you turn on your highbeams, your low beams and fog lights stay on. Thats it, otherwise, its just like the factory settings.

I typically just hit my fog light button and that gets you the DRL's and everything else but your low beams. You can also just run your low beams and fogs or low beams only.

Put it in gear (neutral works) and your DRL's will come on along with your fogs, like so:

Attachments

• HPIM0929.jpg
    HPIM0929.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 3
sounds like you may have put the diode in backwards.

also double check with my pics, #44, as well as the others on this thread to make sure you are connecting the correct leg on all relays.

diodes are all the way they are supposed to be according to the chart. All the wires are hooked to the 85 posts on all the relays. I do have control of the fogs when my parking lights are on, but as soon as the low beams come on I loose control of the fogs

also, it's not necessarily the post on the relay rather the location on the board itself for the wires. The relay can actually get plugged in 2 ways, flip it 180 degrees and it still works, but the wire would be on the wrong post then if it's attached to the relay itself.

Very wost case scenario is something cracked underneath the board. I have heard of this happening when someone tries to shove too much wire under the prong. Easy to check, just remove all mods and check light functions.

Can you get a pic of how yours looks? How are you connecting the wires?

Yeah i can get you a pic. I soldered all the connections so it was clean and I wasnt jamming too much in the hole (thats what she said) I tried flipping the relay's around and it didnt help. It only made my brights not function at all. I'll try to get you a pic. PM me your email if you dont mind its a little quicker...

Its not a big deal, it actually saves me the trouble of having to remember to turn my fogs on but just bothers me because I cant figure out why

Quick question. Did this mod on my 05 Z-71. Love it by the way. Are these HIDS installed in your pics, And if so what temp? Been looking to switch mine out. Thanks

Yes, they were HIDs in a 4300K, pure white. Huge difference over stock.

Ok, so I have three diodes (4004) in place. When I hit high beams my fog, drls, high and lows come on. however, when i have my reg. lights on the fogs (fog light button doesn't do anything, just stays lit) and drls are still on. Any suggestions? I don't really mind but I would prefer to be able to at least switch the fogs off or possibly not have the drls on when the low beams are on.

Secondly, should i insulate any of the diodes (heatshrink or tape) or take any other precautions?

Finally, would any harm occur if they diodes touched one another while they were active (e.g. a short, etc.)? There is one point where they cross over but they are basically resting resistor (?) on top of resistor so the metal parts are not touching.

This is on an '05 silverado z71.

Thanks!

Sounds like your fogs are getting constant power. Basically, you lost control of the switch and have to run them all the time.

Try to remove the one diode for your DRLs first. That'll make things easier. Next, switch around the diode and face it the opposite way with the one going to the fogs. If that doesnt work, there's another way to do this.

Back