• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

'01 with injector replacement at 50K, is this a safe buy?

5akman

Reaction score
I'm looking at an '01 with 146K on the clock. It had the injectors replaced at 50K in 2004. Were these injectors better than the originals or the same design with the same flaws? In otherwords, is there a possibility that the injectors could need to be replaced again? Is this something the dealer has to do or can a shade tree mechanic get it done in the driveway over a long weekend? Any other issues to be aware of for this year truck? He's asking 11,500, CC, lift, LB, nice rims, very good overall condition. Looking to get out of the '99 in my sig...................

with LB7's there will always be a possibility the injectors will need replacement at some point...some last a while... some don't...there's no rhyme or reason to the differences in when they fail...

I've never done them before but on the motor I'm building now if/when they go out I will tackle the job myself with the help of a friend...I'm learning to do more and feel more confident the more we play with these LB7's

I'm looking at an '01 with 146K on the clock. It had the injectors replaced at 50K in 2004. Were these injectors better than the originals or the same design with the same flaws? In otherwords, is there a possibility that the injectors could need to be replaced again? Is this something the dealer has to do or can a shade tree mechanic get it done in the driveway over a long weekend? Any other issues to be aware of for this year truck? He's asking 11,500, CC, lift, LB, nice rims, very good overall condition. Looking to get out of the '99 in my sig...................
there are no difference in the last install in 04, however sometime last year from what I heard is when the new improved design were out.

Like Paul said there's no rhyme or reason when they will go bad. I had just talked to a contractor that has had no problems with his 01 GMC at 294,000 miles. A good filter, good fuel, good fuel additive will help. I have 85,000 miles without injector problems. OOPS, dare I say it.

Like anything else, it's the chance you take. Read, Read and read some more, you'll feel better for it, but the answer will be the same, as far injectors go, I don't Know>

Back