• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

01 lb7 throwing P0700A code

dmax01

Reaction score
I had my father-n-law hook up his scanner to my 01 duramax and it was throwing a P0700A code and said something to do with the tranny was possible electronic cant really remember and i need to know more about this code. The only thing that my tranny does is shift hard but not very often. If you know anything please help thank you

You need a better scanner that can communicate with the TCM. P0700 simply means that the TCM has requested the MIL(check engine light) to be on. MOST scanners will not talk to the ALLSION TCM.

Welcome to The Truck Stop! :welcome2:
P0700 code is simply signalling there was a problem or glitch in the trans and requesting the MIL (sevice engine light) to turn on. It could be anything, but without a scan tool that reads the trans you aren't going to get any further info. I'd clear it and see if it comes back. When was the last Allison spin on filter change and/or fluid change?

Last edited:
Back