• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

’94 K2500 HD (8 lug hubs)

GregAbell

Recruit
Reaction score
Anybody with a ’94 K2500 HD (8 lug hubs) care to take a look at your upper A-Arm for me?

Is the upper ball joint mounted above or below the A-Arm? Also, is the brake hose clamp mounted towards the front of the truck or the rear?

I could of sworn that mine was mounted below (before disassembly), but the Service Manual shows it mounting on the top side.

Thanks!

The ball joint is mounted under the A-arm. I don't think it would even work the other way. The brake hose forward, front. The hose won't reach if you clamp it rear.

I pulled both sides already so I could press-in new bushings

Well, the new Moog upper ball joints will not mount on the top side of the A-arm (I checked the AutoZone ones, and they would mount on the top). Supposedly the AutoZone ones match up to the Moog part number ones (but they appear to be smaller).

When the Moog parts are mounted to the bottom side, when you lower the A-Arm (to where the A-Arm hits the stop), the distance between the shock mounting points appears to be about an inch short. That doesn't sound right - to have the shock act as the full extension suspension stop.

Do I run back to AutoZone and purchase their *smaller* ball joints, so that I can mount them on the top side? With them being smaller, I'm kind of hesitant.

1500 and 2500 mounted on top, 3500 mounted from below. Some people flip their ball joints when they crank their bars way up.

Of course, strange things happen at the factory so who knows where yours were origionally. LOL

Bill

Back