• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Seems like a huge misrepresentation

It's a pretty disingenuous type of advertising. Reading the fine print it says P400 rotating assembly, does that mean crank, rods and pistons or just crank? Because if it's just a forged crank it's an optimizer identifying as a p400 haha.

With the p400 parts now discontinued/ no longer available I'd venture to say it's just an optimizer with false advertising, have half a mind to report the listing

It's a pretty disingenuous type of advertising. Reading the fine print it says P400 rotating assembly, does that mean crank, rods and pistons or just crank? Because if it's just a forged crank it's an optimizer identifying as a p400 haha.

With the p400 parts now discontinued/ no longer available I'd venture to say it's just an optimizer with false advertising, have half a mind to report the listing
You forgot to mention the push rods, says he had them balanced too. 🤷‍♂️😹😹😹

I think if the build wasn't done by a well known reputable builder, he is going to have a very hard time selling for that kind of money. If by a recognized name on here or a couple other forums and he could prove what was done, then they might fetch a reasonable price.

I think if the build wasn't done by a well known reputable builder, he is going to have a very hard time selling for that kind of money. If by a recognized name on here or a couple other forums and he could prove what was done, then they might fetch a reasonable price.
The problem is anyone that spends 3-6 hours online because they are new to 6.5 world will see this and not understand what the real thing is, but have enough knowledge to know the description is what they should be trying to get.
So they will assume this is a good deal for a p400 and buy it.

There is still a ton of guys out there who think adding a couple hoses to the rear heads is the end all problem fix. How often do we see new people come here that have original oil cooler hoses on a 30 year old truck and think the and is park in the dirt for the oil drip because chemicals to clean stain on the concrete driveway is the expensive thing they will be paying for this year. Bunch of the hummer owners out there think adding a couple electric fans is improving their overheating issue on the hiway. Things most of us here, wether the guys like me who post too much or some members who almost never post but just read-we would never fall for anything this obviously wrong.

If someone has a real p400 and is selling it for $50,000 I have no problem with it.
They can assume it is worth whatever they want, but this is taking advantage of someone who doesn’t know what they are getting. The price involved and over the internet- this is a felony and one that should be prosecuted.

$12,500….even for a package deal for two engines it’s still a boat load of cash.Nothing really fancy about it

EDIT:I see the price is now $8500.So I guess that’s what he wants for one engine I’m assuming.

Back