• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

My new truck

I found a steel work table with adjustable legs is the trick. If not adjustable, just prop the front set on 2x4. Then just a rain gutter piece that is angled to one side so it all drains into a bucket. Having a table built at the angles is a bit annoying to work on when not doing oil filled components.

I found a steel work table with adjustable legs is the trick. If not adjustable, just prop the front set on 2x4. Then just a rain gutter piece that is angled to one side so it all drains into a bucket. Having a table built at the angles is a bit annoying to work on when not doing oil filled components.
Where do you get these steel work tables?

I mean I did the transfer case on our teak patio table, albeit with a sheet of old plywood over it.

I had one that was stainless steel like used in restaurants, It was 2’x 5’ and had a back splash built in. I sold that one off. Because always wanting regular steel instead so I got a 4x8 sheet of 1/8” plate. Cut it into two 4x4. Welded some 1.5” pipe as legs that had been cut off something else years before and some 2” or so flat bar as braces.
On one I kept it plain. The other I mounted an air hose reel to the bottom side, welded hinge and a plate that is about 8” square 1/8” to it. Mounted my vice to that plate so when I want it out of the way just swing the assembly over. Then need the vice just swing it up top, run a 1/2” bolt through to secure it.
When I moved to the last house I used to live in it was a small 2 car garage (2 hot wheels maybe- haha) so I offloaded the plain table and kelt the vice one. That’s also when I got rid of a bunch of my big truck & equipment tooling.

Where do you get these steel work tables?

I mean I did the transfer case on our teak patio table, albeit with a sheet of old plywood over it.
I had a few Industrial tables with hydraulic cylinders on them and foot pumps. They are great to work off of.

I got them out of factories. They had steel casters and good foot locks

I had a few Industrial tables with hydraulic cylinders on them and foot pumps. They are great to work off of.

I got them out of factories. They had steel casters and good foot locks
2 of mine were like these.
The other I still have is missing the hydraulics. Has a splash guard on the back and tilts back.

Geez, $2.9K for the industrial table? Not going to happen. I’m thinking a couple hundred bucks.
Mine were less than that. I was just showing you what they were. I'm sure they can still be found cheap, if a guy gets lucky.

I don't remember why the factory was getting rid of them.

I think the Harbor Freight scissors table might be around $250.

Back