• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Humvee expedition

I want to do that steam locomotive train ride. I want to shovel coal or pitch wood to make it motivate.
Sad though that it most likely has a diesel fired fire box.
I love the smell of burning coal and the sound of the steam powered engines.
My dad built this steam tractor but he sold it when I was off to basic combat training in Ft Knox Kentucky. Now I cry that I did not go and retrieve it as soon as I found out it was gone.
Thats dad driving and I’m on behind him.
He had also built the fully functioning threshing machine to match the scale.
IMG_2918.jpeg
And that is Me standing on the platform between the coal bins.
IMG_0212.jpeg

Check out these steam engines, @MrMarty51! They are 1:12 scale, coal-fired! The last shot is my youngest boy and my grandson. These were taken in 2021. The track is almost ½ mile long, has multiple switches and sidings, a working turntable and round house, working block signals and semaphores, and scale buildings like two depots, water tower (as well as a human-sized depot). The layout is located at the Seward County Historical Museum in Goehner, Nebraska, a mile north of the exit off of I-80, 25 minutes west of Lincoln.20211010_141445.jpg20211010_141801.jpg20211010_142049.jpg20211010_141850.jpg20211010_141702.jpg

I’ll be honest
For the last two years my gf and I are planning to jump a freight train and ride it to other states. We will end up somewhere and fly back.

I know it’s illegal
But we don’t mean harm and don’t care either.

This summer we missed the window of those cool spring days to do that.

this fall for sure we have everything planned.

I’ll be honest
For the last two years my gf and I are planning to jump a freight train and ride it to other states. We will end up somewhere and fly back.

I know it’s illegal
But we don’t mean harm and don’t care either.

This summer we missed the window of those cool spring days to do that.

this fall for sure we have everything planned.
Knowing your luck- you’ll probably get paid to keep others out of the train car!

Amazing journey. Color me jealous! Your young uns will never forget it.
I have a funny Russian story. My ex and her sister, along with us husbands were attending a free summer concert on the Norfolk waterfront.
This was after the Cd War ended, and a Russian warships was making the first port of call. Some Russians were behind us. The wimmins were rather well endowed with big butts.
The Russians were talking smack. Well, my s-i-l negotiates contracts around the globe for the US gubbmint, and speaks fluent Russian. She turned around and gave them both barrs in Russian! They were red faced and terrified! It was hilarious. They apologized profusely in both Russian and English!
They moved on, I smiled and waved, said Dasvadania! It was a hoot

Part of the Trans-Siberian railroad is made of American rails. from 1941-1945, the USA transferred 685 thousand tons of rail to the USSR through Lend Lease.

View attachment 82826
Photo taken at Skovorodino station, Trans-Siberian Railway
AND many of the steam engines (some are still even in service) on the Trans-Siberian were American-made, reguaged from the American 4'8½" to the Metric Guage used in Europe. Back in 1990, my father and his second wife did their honeymoon on a special train for American Railfan tourists that the Trans-Siberian Railroad ran from the western terminal all the way east across Siberia and back.

Amazing journey. Color me jealous! Your young uns will never forget it.
I have a funny Russian story. My ex and her sister, along with us husbands were attending a free summer concert on the Norfolk waterfront.
This was after the Cd War ended, and a Russian warships was making the first port of call. Some Russians were behind us. The wimmins were rather well endowed with big butts.
The Russians were talking smack. Well, my s-i-l negotiates contracts around the globe for the US gubbmint, and speaks fluent Russian. She turned around and gave them both barrs in Russian! They were red faced and terrified! It was hilarious. They apologized profusely in both Russian and English!
They moved on, I smiled and waved, said Dasvadania! It was a hoot
Eric (Hummer H1) has no young uns- at least that he knows of. He is the dude trying to model the Extra medium red shirt- haha.
The older guy is a geologist buddy of his - how cool is that to go venture the outdoors and have a pro explain all the details of what you’re seeing!

He is a great example of why people should get decommissioned hmmwv. You can get really low miles - like 10,000 or less- with optimizer in it for the price of an optimizer.
If I could register one in my state for on road use like people in Ca, Mt, Ut, Id … pretty much all around me can… I would bling my hummer out and sell it, buy hmmwv, put really nice interior in it and pocket some cash (maybe enough to buy my 59 caddywack I want)

Will my shirts are extra large ( excuse me ) lol
I am over 200 lb.
the older guy is department of interior geologist,

The only problem going with him is that my humvee ends up carrying 400 lb of rocks 😂

he finds all kinds of rocks and shoves in corners I didn’t even know my humvee had 😁

I’ll post videos.

Back