• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Toro 220D tach Misubishi L3C

jrsavoie

Recruit
Reaction score
Toro 220D with Mitsubishi
L3C.

Ever since I got it a few weeks ago, and when I was buying it, it seemed to not be running enough RPMs at wide open Throttle.

There's adjustment on the IP/Injection Pump. I'm not sure there's supposed to be.

There's a long bolt with a jam nut to control the high RPMs.

I backed that out a tiny to have higher RPMs at wide open Throttle.

How do I make sure I don't set wide open Throttle to high?

Need a device to count RPMs.
Cant think of the name of them. Stick a piece of reflective tape to tje front pulley, harmonic balancer or flywheel, point the barrels at the pulley, etc with the piece of tape and push the button.

The DOT over here had a pioneer brand unit. It worked well. Just keep it shaded from fluorescent tube lighting.
I looked and there is a whole page of them in there.

The DOT over here had a pioneer brand unit. It worked well. Just keep it shaded from fluorescent tube lighting.
I looked and there is a whole page of them in there.
Thanks. I'll put the search or maybe My better half will. She was searching earlier.
I usually prefer to buy something recommended. The reviews help. Especially the bad reviews.

Thanks. I'll put the search or maybe My better half will. She was searching earlier.
I usually prefer to buy something recommended. The reviews help. Especially the bad reviews.
The one we had at work got used a lot. It was an old machine when I got there and it was still functioning fine when I retired.
That about all I know about that Pioneer brand.

The one we had at work got used a lot. It was an old machine when I got there and it was still functioning fine when I retired.
That about all I know about that Pioneer brand.
I have a mechanical RPM checker. You have to hold it on the center of the shaft.

Not so handy for most things. Had it for over. 40 years

I have a mechanical RPM checker. You have to hold it on the center of the shaft.

Not so handy for most things. Had it for over. 40 years
I too had one of those. This thing was ancient. Looked Almost like some sort of a micrometer with numbers and a pointer at the numbers, IIRC. Had to be accurate on time spent on the end of the shaft. I sent it to my son in Alaska.

Back