• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Been a minute...but I'm back.

Big Ray

my two fat girls.
Reaction score
My name is Ray,, and I'm a truckaholic!.

Been a member for years, but I haven't been on here in years. My 6.2 has been sitting for 6 or 7 years now. Think it's the fuel system... Finally accrued the parts for a turbo system. Have a reman i.p and injectors

Been looking for newish/reman optimizer. Mine has 385k+ miles on it, wouldn't trust it with an upgraded fuel system with a turbo. Been hoarding parts to make this a retirement project, and I just recently retired.

My rig is a 90 squarebody 3/4 ton 2wd.

I've been looking at this one, wondering if anyone had any input on this company...

From past experiences a 6.2 is not worth rebuilding, boring the block will enter the thin wall area, pistons are hard to find, etc, and add a turbo and it goes down hill from there...

Keep in mind "most" 6.5 or 6.2 blocks will be cracked in the crank webs, maybe 97% are cracked, yes folks will say build it anyway, I'm not in that group and refuse to spend time on it if cracked, I can't warranty it...

If you plan to keep it and have a good budget think what you expect out of a motor, just a driver wants different internals than a tow/working motor and the cost of each build will be vastly different.

And happy retirement, I'm almost there myself...

You will love it, I gar-un-tee!

Basically, I want a bulletproof tourer/daily driver that'll out last me. Light/moderate towing and family stuff. I'm 60, with some semi serious genetic health issues kicking in.

I just bought myself a pristine 79 K5 as a retirement gift to myself. A well built 6.5 GM will do me fine I reckin...

Welcome back Ray! from the pic in your profile, that looks like a mighty fine rig :) I always liked the square body chevys they were as tough as rocks. I guess that's why the old chevy commercial slogan was "Like a Rock"

the optimizers are a good engine and so is the p400. but from what I have learned being here as a member amongst a great group, the 6.2's and 6.5's are well oiled machines makes me proud to have one of these has as my first diesel pick'em up truck!

20220121_001202.jpg

My 79. Drove out to CA to pick it up. One owner, 74k original miles CA truck. ZERO rust.

400sbc, th400, np203, 4.10 gears. Friend of mine bought it right after the owner passed, so I'm the 3rd owner.
2222 miles home, 10.5 mpg average...ouch! Love the torque though. Passed 2 Gladiators going up Black Mount on I40. I was doing 75 with power to spare.

Old trucks rule!

Oh my goodness, that Blazer is a beauty. And I love them puppy dogs. Were they raised together ? Too bad people cant keep their pets, I do understand that sometimes people get pets, then get too old to take care of themsslves and gets shuffled to a resting home and the anomals are not allowed. Thats hearbreaking.
Even more heart breaking when a couple of animals are raised together, or are siblings, and then they get shuffled to a shelter. I wish I could haul them all home. Especially little kitty kats. 😹

The Black one is an 10-11ish y.o. male, the Tan one is just at a year or so according to the vet. They got their vaccines upgraded Tues., so there street legal now. The tan one is a Chi-weenie, part Chihuahua and part Daschound. Typical yapper, but a real love bug.
He is just as laid back, no worries at all.
The Lady was heart broken about giving them up, she was headed to assisted living...
I just commented on how cute they were and she asked me if I wanted one. Told me what the deal was, I realized I couldn't break up the team.
Almost wound up divorced via cell phone, but the Mrs. is coming around. I had to remind her of everything I've given up and done for her and her friends and family. Told her I'm retired now, it's my turn and bottom line I didn't need her permission.

A bit harsh, but I've spoiled her over the years. Anyways, she is loving them now. I'm 6'2", 300 lbs, kinda ugly & intimidating to most folks. Open the truck and these hell hounds jump out of the truck. Quite the sight I imagine lol

Oh my goodness, that Blazer is a beauty. And I love them puppy dogs. Were they raised together ? Too bad people cant keep their pets, I do understand that sometimes people get pets, then get too old to take care of themsslves and gets shuffled to a resting home and the anomals are not allowed. Thats hearbreaking.
Even more heart breaking when a couple of animals are raised together, or are siblings, and then they get shuffled to a shelter. I wish I could haul them all home. Especially little kitty kats. 😹

Sucker for those eyes. That's why I have 3 exes...
Lol?

Seriously, I couldn't break them up. I watched them team up and flush out a pair of cats at the rest area. Of course, we have 2 cats to begin with. They are all too funny together.

Yup, I did not want a dog. Wifey kept hounding Me. I finally give in, told Her she could have a dog but it had to be a JR Terrior. Oh boy was she ever happy, she left to some friends, came back home, said My friends told me YOU DO NOT WANT A JACK RUSSEL, THEY WILL TEAR YOUR HOUSE APART. 😹😹😹😹
I told her, thats the offer take or leave it.
She kept borrowing a dog from a girl. Would take it for walks and such. The girl and her family had to move from their rented house, lack of payments. The new place they were not permitted to have animals. One day Vicki comes home with the dog, they left it at the old house, said she was keeping it. 😖 welp, okay.
they also let the kitten there too. I told her she better go back and get the cat. She did. The cat bonded with Me. Wherever in the house I was, the cat was there too. Step son kept bugging me to let him take the cat. I finally relinquished and let him take Little Bug home with him. He and the cat have totally bonded.
The dog has bonded mostly with Vicki but she comes to Me for treats. 😹😹😹
I rescued another cat, Putt Putt. He and the dog have bonded. The cat has bonded with Me too.
This is Little Bug. This cat and the dog too were bonded.
9C83BE46-6138-4F7A-95F9-E2CC7C047AA5.jpeg
Maggie Mae and Putt Putt.
4811A478-359F-4102-9031-38A02A839EE5.jpeg

Back