• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

99 Suburban 6.5 to 5.9 Cummins Swap

I really hope the Covid hasn't gotten him. He's gone from "I'm gonna put it right on and get back to you" to nothing for a couple of weeks now. Not even a "Tied up with work, planning to put it on next weekend" update. Any members live near by that can do a health and welfare check on him?

Thats about all that we can do from here, until someone can do a check on him.
Which in essence is no different than doing a thread bump and hoping he sees the notice, if it's linked to his email and if he's able to check his email.

Again, if there's any member who lives reasonably close to him and knows where he lives.

I’m all good, no kung flu or China virus or bat cold or pangolin pandemonium. Moved to AZ, been workin. Truck is serving daily driver duty. truck scoots. Tows well, took it to Hammers in Feb. Runs strong and fast when that 351 spools. Exhaust alternates between black (good) and blue (not so good). I’ve heard this is a possibly a symptom of a failing p7100, but who knows. There is blow by, but not enough to even make the cap blow off.

Attachments

• 67B9BE26-F70B-4ACE-9A5A-D2480602C5D1.jpeg
    67B9BE26-F70B-4ACE-9A5A-D2480602C5D1.jpeg
    123.9 KB · Views: 19
  • F54CB231-D923-4430-96B5-B830B7282C2D.jpeg
    F54CB231-D923-4430-96B5-B830B7282C2D.jpeg
    115.4 KB · Views: 22
I know this thread is older but, I just read your post on pirate 4x4 after searching SAS 99 suburban. After reading it I immediately searched Cummins engine swap 99 Suburban and found this. It's fate, now I have to do it all.

Back