• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Upgrading Engine for better towing

Marauderer

Grumpy Old Cur***geon
Reaction score
Next week I am installing oversized exh manifolds, up pipes, Y bridge assembly and a Stealth 64 turbo from Duramax tuner for better reliability while towing my 14K lb 5th wheel camper. I will add to this thread as I proceed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got started yesterday on tearing down the Duramax LBZ I've only got 145000 miles on it but the hard part was the up pipes those bolts whether they get rusted or just whatever are really a rascal to get off. But we got them off and got the downpipe off and remove the muffler upfront it's actually your resonator it's the one from Diamond II that helps the cab be a little quieter and the wife appreciates that. The downpipe was rusted to the turbo outlet and had to get that loose I don't know if I'm going to be replacing mad or just free installing it.14953.jpeg14957.jpeg

Well, we have a bunch of wiring to shorten and upgrade. Her is a short video on attaching the conduit to the wiring and connector. Couldn't load file says not supported I have it in 3gp or 4mp. Help!!!

Well, we have a bunch of wiring to shorten and upgrade. Her is a short video on attaching the conduit to the wiring and connector. Couldn't load file says not supported I have it in 3gp or 4mp. Help!!!
Have to upload to YouTube and link it back here.

I have a Fass titanium 150 lift pump installed already. That should take care of the water separation. Do you have any other suggestions Will?
Your golden. I forgot to look in your signature, or I wouldn’t have asked.
For those that are not aware, The FASS water separator does not allow any water through. If you get too much water in there it will simply stop pumping, overload the pump & pop the internal fuse - according to FASS. Now this could force an engine shut off, but I would rather deal with an engine shut off while I’m driving as opposed to destroying the fuel system and have that shut off the engine while driving.

I have been looking a bit and am leaning towards the FASS TS D02-100g for my db2 hummer. The internal spring might be able to regulate down to 5psi- they said if not that an external regulator will do it and not harm the pump.

Back