• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Ex Cab rear door latch adjust

Hellooooo.....?
Anybody?

Never mind... I went looking "somewhere else" (I knew I had seen it long ago) and here it is.

4 -door extended cab trucks that have wind noise, door rattle, etc.

Ok..so here's how this worked for me on two trucks so far. The way these doors seal starts at the rear doors because the front doors attach to them in order to close and lock.

what I found was that with all doors closed I could push right on the seam between them and was able to push the door in and out and feel how loose it was. I could hear it hitting each side of the hook and latch so I knew they were not aligned or tight.

So, open front and rear doors, first look at the top hook and latch and make sure they are aligned with one another and that the screws are tight..mine were loose on 2 trucks making it slip and not close very often. This may take a few times.

Once you get that done go right to the bottom of the door on the step area and unloosen the two screws there on the hook. Move this towards the cab just a hair... 1/8th of an inch maybe..again this may take a few times. make sure the rear door closes and is flush and does not rattle.

Once the rear doors are secure and do not rattle there is a hook on the rear door itself on the inside that makes the front doors close and latch. unloosen those screws and again move it slightly forward towards the cab so when it does close against the rear door it is tight and seals.

You may have to do this a few times to get it right. I adjusted too much at one point and the door would not even close so take your time.
Here are some pics... I hope this helps you guys. I have not had any wind noise, door rattle, or anything since I did this on both trucks.

I'll try this out and edit if needed and then post it in DIY

Last edited:
Hellooooo.....?
Anybody?

Never mind... I went looking "somewhere else" (I knew I had seen it long ago) and here it is.

4 -door extended cab trucks that have wind noise, door rattle, etc.

Ok..so here's how this worked for me on two trucks so far. The way these doors seal starts at the rear doors because the front doors attach to them in order to close and lock.

what I found was that with all doors closed I could push right on the seam between them and was able to push the door in and out and feel how loose it was. I could hear it hitting each side of the hook and latch so I knew they were not aligned or tight.

So, open front and rear doors, first look at the top hook and latch and make sure they are aligned with one another and that the screws are tight..mine were loose on 2 trucks making it slip and not close very often. This may take a few times.

Once you get that done go right to the bottom of the door on the step area and unloosen the two screws there on the hook. Move this towards the cab just a hair... 1/8th of an inch maybe..again this may take a few times. make sure the rear door closes and is flush and does not rattle.

Once the rear doors are secure and do not rattle there is a hook on the rear door itself on the inside that makes the front doors close and latch. unloosen those screws and again move it slightly forward towards the cab so when it does close against the rear door it is tight and seals.

You may have to do this a few times to get it right. I adjusted too much at one point and the door would not even close so take your time.
Here are some pics... I hope this helps you guys. I have not had any wind noise, door rattle, or anything since I did this on both trucks.

I'll try this out and edit if needed and then post it in DIY
Thank you I just joined group and was trying to fix mine!!

Back