• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Who is using Bio

Quality SR

Recruit
Reaction score
Hey guys. I want some info on Bio fuel. Is there anything that has to be done to convert your truck over to use Bio? Is anyone using other fuel other then Bio?

I've heard you can do it yourself for a little less than what Diesel costs now...the hard part is finding a good veg oil site/restaurant...to get your base from...

I've heard you can do it yourself for a little less than what Diesel costs now...the hard part is finding a good veg oil site/restaurant...to get your base from...

Yes, and a few grand for the set up. The the ethnol. You would either have to make that or buy it.

With the fact that we are shortly going to need a letter of credit :pissed: just to get fuel soon, I have been giving this subject serious thought.
However, I am hesitant to try it until my warranty expires.
Living in a mostly rural area limits the sources of used vegetable oil.
I am willing to listen to all ideas. The situation makes me wish that there was a Frito-Lay plant nearby.

I do know where you can get a tanker load of turkey blood. :sick:
I'm not too crazy about trying to convert it to fuel though.

If the exhaust from french fry oil smells like fries, what would turkey blood derived fuel exhaust smell like? :puke:

Imagine smokin someone out with turkey blood derived fuel? :sifone:, :smilielol5:

Britt

Last edited:
Been using b5 for winter, b10 this spring and b20 during the summer. No side effects as of yet. Wish I could get higher percentages for cheaper

http://biodiesel.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/719605551/m/1501054842
Heres a link to my adventure,,, also while your there you might find some of the answers to your Bio questions,,, I have about $800 into my setup and just made my first 25 gallons of fuel this past weekend. its easy enough,, takes some time, and cost be about $1.30 per gallon for that batch,,, as I buy my Meth in 55Gal drums and my Koh in bulk, that will bring my cost down to about $1.00 a gallon. I have a 94 K2500 F Vin 6.5 that I Plan to run it in, when my 10 micron filter gets here tommorrow.

You can Build a reactor your self if you are handy. Google Appleseed reactor and see what you find. Chinese food is the best oil I have found it cast me around $1/gallon to make; less when I reclaim the methanol. try to make the Dr. Pepper method to make 1 liter in a pop bottle to see what it is like. That liter will cast because you use new Veggie Oil and that stays a head of Diesel in prise to keep me from pouring 20% of that in the tank. I would be Careful about butting it in a Newer DMax those injectors don't like any water. Lots of Water separation and drying time should help with that.

the local place by me wanted $4.80 a gallon for b20 which is deff not worth to buy. if you can find a good way to make your own for cheap then go for it.

I'd run commercial bio, but it costs more than diesel. I can't make it here, cause I don't have room, equipment, or a oil source.

The Co-op near me refines its own diesel and it's 20% bio and $.04 cheaper per gallon. I've been running this since day one. I also add Stanadyne additive to it and as of yet no issues, that I am aware of anyways. I dunno about running straight bio. May have some filter clogging issues.

JP

i run a 5% bio blend year round. no gelling problems or anything. my buddies dad is a chemistry professor and he is going to be our head chemist for our own bio blend this summer.

i'm replacing our water heater, and the old one is going toward our bio plant. i'll keep you updated on the progress this summer.

I am looking at ordering B100 this year and mxing it with regular diesel to see how the truck likes it...probably start around B5 then work up to B20.

I run B2 most of the time - same price and a convenient location - supposed to be one of the best for lubicity to help with injector life too.

Back