• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

LML Throttle Mapping

BoostN

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I hate it...

Stomp the peddle, 4 seconds later it winds out. This is my push for a tuner I believe. My LBZ would smoke this truck from a stop stock to stock. :mad2:

Tell us how much you miss your LBZ.....

Give it time Jeff, EFI Live will come through.

Tell us how much you miss your LBZ.....

Give it time Jeff, EFI Live will come through.

Unfortunately No, they will not. Unless GM unlocks the reading protocol on the ECM, they have stated they WILL NOT support it. :(

Unfortunately No, they will not. Unless GM unlocks the reading protocol on the ECM, they have stated they WILL NOT support it. :(

I have read the same. :nonod:

I still think quietly they are looking at it. Gm cant keep a secret forever. Someday what is needed will find it's way out and into better hands.

I truthfully don't see GM's point. It could save them money by voiding a warranty if things are found to have been changed..

I hate it...

Stomp the peddle, 4 seconds later it winds out. This is my push for a tuner I believe. My LBZ would smoke this truck from a stop stock to stock. :mad2:

I don't like that either.... Makes it feel like it doesn't have as much power as it really does.

Although, I can live with it.......and my warranty!!!

I didn't hear that..... That sucks. :(

I dont get it,H&S has tuners for them but efi wont.

EFI Live wants to do it the legal/morally correct way........

H&S, not so much.........

I may have something legal next week. It's going to cost me 650.00 just for the ECM which is restricted but I have a source. There is another tune out there.

I may have something legal next week. It's going to cost me 650.00 just for the ECM which is restricted but I have a source. There is another tune out there.

Good to hear Mike...

Any news on this? I would like to fix the mapping and change a the shift points when in T/H. My LBZ would shift in to 6th at 62 and hold it at 60, perfect for back road crusing. The LML won't shit until 65/66, thats a tad to fas for a 55 road :) and the fuel savings is big. A tad more grunt when towing up hills would not hurt either, its not bad by anu means but ...

Old thread but I agree Jeff, i hate how you have to pin it to go anywhere. Makes it feel like your driving an old gasser, not a diesle with 765ft-lb of torque. Ive got our older LB7s mapped a little different so the response is there right away and they are very nice to drive.

I wonder if they did it to decrease fuel usage by making people think they are pushing the pedal to far to hard. Volvo did something similar on their new G series loaders, put a stiffer spring on the trottle to encourage people to not push it to the floor. Dammit it was already hard enough to hold that pedal to the floor when you were going down the road at 30, i might need to take a brick along with me, of course they will probably have the P series by the time we upgrade, our L60E wont break.

Old post but a new update.. My '12 has better peddle feel and seem much quicker off the line. Maybe they do hear us?

The huge delay your feeling (I've test driven one of them, and you can definitely feel the lag) has alot to do with the way the ECM is programed. The idea is to generate as little unburnt hydrocarbons (soot) out of the engine as possible before it reaches the aftertreatment system, mainly because the less soot that leaves the engine, the less that builds up on in the DPF. Which means longer run times in between regens. The only way to do this is by closely and very precisely controlling the fuel injected based on manifold pressure / tempurature. Essentially, the engine is waiting for the turbo to light. Even VGT style turbo's need time to spool, and thats the lag your feeling. The only way to really get rid of that "lag" your feeling is to increase pre-boost fueling.

It's torque management in the TCM, plain and simple.

The first thing I picked up on was the de-fueling between shifts..

GM does this on about every car/truck they make nowdays. They're trying to save parts (transmissions mostly)

Warranty work, etc.

It is being worked on right now and will be available to all. I run an experimental TCM which eliminated 70% or more of the tq management. My throttle response is almost instant. My supreme test was a couple of days ago when I was cruising down the street at about 45/50 mph and engine was 1600 rpm. The light at intersection went yello, I'm about 100 yards from the light, I hit the throttle and bang it downshifted instantly and took off like a rocket. Normaly after hitting the throttle it would hesistate 3 seconds and then slowly downshift and drag ass across the intersection.

Actually, GM does not ever have to unlock it or share it. CAT never has, so GM can do the same.

I have read the same. :nonod:

I still think quietly they are looking at it. Gm cant keep a secret forever. Someday what is needed will find it's way out and into better hands.

I truthfully don't see GM's point. It could save them money by voiding a warranty if things are found to have been changed..

Who is working on it Mike?
It is being worked on right now and will be available to all. I run an experimental TCM which eliminated 70% or more of the tq management. My throttle response is almost instant. My supreme test was a couple of days ago when I was cruising down the street at about 45/50 mph and engine was 1600 rpm. The light at intersection went yello, I'm about 100 yards from the light, I hit the throttle and bang it downshifted instantly and took off like a rocket. Normaly after hitting the throttle it would hesistate 3 seconds and then slowly downshift and drag ass across the intersection.

Back